God I Missed You

A forum to introduce yourself to the group
thetrooper

God I Missed You

Post by thetrooper » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:35 am

I have really missed you guys and it's taken me much longer that I thought to get back up and running. PC's are great when they work, but a bloody nightmare when they play up. It's the first time I've had real issues with any PC I've owned. I now have a new one and it's taking a bit of time getting all the things to my liking.
Before I had it set to auto log me in to the forum when I clicked on the site and because of that I couldn't remember my password :oops: . Thanks to Jeff and Andy for getting things all sorted for me :D
I have a lot to catch up on now, so some older threads might see some action. I expect I'll have about 25 pages in Andy's collection thread on it's own ;) :lol:
Steve

DeadCanDanceR

Re: God I Missed You

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:18 am

You've also been missed around here, Steve! :)

I'm glad you're back, mate.
-Julio-

69Stang

Post by 69Stang » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Welcome home!!!!
Racecar spelled backwards is STILL Racecar!

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:16 am

^ this
Lars

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:07 am

Welcome back, Steve!

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:38 am

You have my sympathy as two of our laptops quit on us a couple of weeks ago. That initial feeling of helplessness as suddenly you've no emails and passwords are forgotten in the panic...

Fortunately both machines are backed up to external HDs reasonably frequently and one was sorted with a clean re-install with update of the OS. It's still got an old battery which means it's now always plugged into the mains electricity though. The other had probably fried something between battery and start button as well as having a cracked hinge and the CD packed up a while back. At eight years old it had done sterling service so is now a pile of scrap! New replacement and the retrieval of some apps off the old computer HD have restored sanity.

So yes - welcome back Steve.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:29 am

And now the world is right, we have our Trooper back.

Have to say, I am not a fan of laptops. Give me my desktop and giant monitor any day of the week
Jeff
ImageImage

dcast

Post by dcast » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:05 am

Welcome back. Good reminder that important files should be backed up frequently. My current laptop is approaching 3 years old and have been working fine, despite over enthusiasting virus program which once moved important Windows files to the quarantine causing problems but it was resolved easily once I figured out what had happened.
Desktop PC probably will last longer as it runs cooler because of the larger heatsinks etc. My 2001 desktop PC with Windows 98SE & 17" CRT 4:3 monitor is still in working condition even I don't use it much anymore :D

Jager

Post by Jager » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:02 am

These days there are just so many passwords to remember with both work and personal life. I think I need around 12 different passwords just for work - Network Access, Email (forced password change every 60 days), SAP, CRM, HR System, Travel Expense System, Remote Access System, i-Phone Password (forced password change every 60 days).

In total, I have over 100 passwords for various applicatons. The only way to remember them all is to write them down :roll: .
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:07 am

Same here on the passwords and the forced change. Just to get online under the secured online portal, I have to enter 3 different passwords.
Then I need all the airline and hotel and rental car companies account user ID's and passwords and then one for time entry and for my expense reports and on and on. And that is just for work :roll:
Jeff
ImageImage

seppuku

Post by seppuku » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:45 am

Hi!
Welcome back, Steve...:)
"I have to admit I dont understand 1:43. 1:12 and larger I get, but most 1:43 I have seen (MOST) dont look like real cars. They are usually off in some way."
-"lateapex".....a forum member from diecastxchange.com...:)

thetrooper

Post by thetrooper » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome back. I'm still going through trying to remember passwords for lots of sites :?
This was the most important one to get sorted as soon as I could. :D
Steve