Another newbie from the UK.

A forum to introduce yourself to the group
ghosthunter

Re: Another newbie from the UK.

Post by ghosthunter » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Yes David, only the rich and famous could afford to have their Fires put out... :D

Thank's Bizi and BertOne.

I have been looking at some of the members collections and they are truly stunning and I am very envious about a lot of the display cabinets you Guys are using.

I have been collecting Rolls-Royce and Bentley models at a serious level since the mid-70's and in all that time I have not had any on display except for a handful of my own creations in a well known model retail shop in the early 1980's, none of my precious Rolls-Royce are on display at my Home, it just is not possible, they have to stay in boxes until I need to take pictures of them or I need to do some research, I then get out up to 40 models in one go, but they can not stay out too long.

I am not sure where my own creations or customs are to be posted (advise please!), but until then, here is another one of mine, not so much of creation rather more of an enhanced model.

This is a very old project using a Dinky Toys Silver Shadow, cut away the roof above the driver, hand painted Walnut dash panel, actual padded top roll on the dash, some added outside detail painting and one of my special Silver Lady mascots made out of a single strand of wire, hope you like it.

Ghosthunter.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:42 pm

Impressive job!

You could open a thread in 'Collection pics' and show what you have...

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks for showing us your creations, Ghosthunter! They are quite interesting. ;)

I'm sure that now that you're among us, you'll find a way to start photographing your collection, little by little. Not having cabinets hasn't stopped many of us to have virtual cabinets in here, and show our models in our collection's threads to fellow collectors from all over the world! ;)
-Julio-

David MG

Post by David MG » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:56 am

DeadCanDanceR wrote:Thanks for showing us your creations, Ghosthunter! They are quite interesting. ;)

I'm sure that now that you're among us, you'll find a way to start photographing your collection, little by little. Not having cabinets hasn't stopped many of us to have virtual cabinets in here, and show our models in our collection's threads to fellow collectors from all over the world! ;)
Wot Julio says. It should be noted that Julio was in your position for many years but is now liberated.
Cheers,
David

guitardave_1

Post by guitardave_1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Welcome to the forum. The username made far more sense once I read your intro 8-) Takes a brave man to live the dream of owning a 1:1!
Click my banner to visit my diecast site

ghosthunter

Post by ghosthunter » Wed May 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi Guys, I am back.

From December 9th 2016 onwards, I have had the most devastating time of my life so far. My Dad whom I was caring for over the past Three Years passed away while in Hospital (admitted late Friday night Dec 9th) and staying in there until he passed away a Day before His 83rd Birthday on Jan 8th 2017. My Dad was not only a Father to me, he was also my best friend as we shared several interests and hobbies.

I had not got over losing him when Mum had to go into A&E on January 23rd for a life saving operation which at the time of admittance was made clear to Her it could leave Her in a vegetative state, severaly disabled or even take Her life.

Mum thank goodness survived the operation and is making a recovery. She has been Home a few Weeks now but still confined indoors as She is too unstable to go outside on Her own without a walking aid and someone to be with Her.

As you can imagine, this took me away from all social activites and hobby based forums while I attend to my Father's affairs and keep visiting Mum in Hospital to be by Her side during the first Week or so as She came out of intensive care ward to a lower dependancy ward.

I am now only a few Days away from moving out of my Dad's apartment to go back to living with Mum, possibly now becoming Her full-time care.

I expect I have missed a lot of exciting posts, so once settled back to some sort of regular lifestyle, I will have a lot of reading to do!!

Best regards,
Kevin.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi Kevin,
So sorry to here about your folks, hopefully your Mum will continue to do better.
I can say I understand as my Mom has been in a bad way since the end of October and things looked very bleak for a few months. You are doing the Lords work as I know how upsetting and trying it can be.

Thanks for stopping in and bringing us up to date. Don't be a stranger.
Jeff
ImageImage

Jager

Post by Jager » Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Sorry to hear that Kevin. It's recently struck me just how old my parents are getting and I can see my father's memory is not what it was.

I'm sure you don't have lot of time to yourself, but hopefully the forum can provide a bit of a distraction to the dramas in your everyday life.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

ghosthunter

Post by ghosthunter » Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Thank's Guys.

I am starting to get back into my hobbies and visiting the forums again is helping me to bring some focus back into my life.

Kevin.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:26 am

Kevin, Glad that you're getting life back on a more even keel after the traumas of the new year. If you do get to the shops there is the first issue of a new magazine called 'Rolls-Royce and Bentley Driver'. I spotted it in the newsagents (WHS) and bought one for a friend who has a pristine '82 RR Silver Spirit (on SORN) amongst his motley collection of restoration projects. Not expensive at just short of a fiver the mag is devoted to classic RR and on first acquaintance is a good read. They haven't disclosed whether it's to be a monthly or quarterly as yet.