return to the fold

A forum to introduce yourself to the group
frenchy
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

return to the fold

Postby frenchy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:09 am

Hello Jeff and hello to all the other old friends on here.
Yes,it has been a long time and a lot has changed in my life...but that's another story.
I am still collecting,not as much as i used too but have bought a few cars lately.
My main interest is now still with 1:43 but my new purchases have been 1:18!!!!!!!!
My Gulf liveried car collection has gotten bigger :D
Anyway....good to be back and i hope i can contribute to the forum like i used to.
steve
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Image

User avatar
rotormotor
Posts: 2936
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: Wellington ~ New Zealand

Re: return to the fold

Postby rotormotor » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:23 am

Howdy and welcome back.
Lars
ImageImageImage

User avatar
43rdMuscle
Posts: 2168
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:39 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: return to the fold

Postby 43rdMuscle » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:39 am

Welcome back Steve. It's nice to see an original member return (even if you do collect 18th). I myself, just returned.
FrankImage"OLD CHEVYS NEVER DIE ... THEY JUST GO FASTER"

Image

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 37388
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: return to the fold

Postby JSB33 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:58 am

Steve! I was just thinking of you this weekend as I uncovered a model you sent me many years ago.
Its from your Unichem days.
Wow, what a great surprise to hear from you, drop me a PM when you get the chance.
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 13694
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: return to the fold

Postby David MG » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:16 am

Hi Frenchy, welcome back.
Do you still have that large scale Cobra ?
Cheers,
David

frenchy
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

Re: return to the fold

Postby frenchy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:38 am

David MG wrote:Hi Frenchy, welcome back.
Do you still have that large scale Cobra ?


David you old bugger.......Yes mate i do still have the kyo 1:12 S/C Cobra...alas not the
beautiful GMP 289 :roll:
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Image

frenchy
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

Re: return to the fold

Postby frenchy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:40 am

JSB33 wrote:Steve! I was just thinking of you this weekend as I uncovered a model you sent me many years ago.
Its from your Unichem days.
Wow, what a great surprise to hear from you, drop me a PM when you get the chance.

Sure will Jeff......
Hope all is well with you .......you can fill me in on your Beckys progress
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Image

frenchy
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

Re: return to the fold

Postby frenchy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:42 am

43rdMuscle wrote:Welcome back Steve. It's nice to see an original member return (even if you do collect 18th). I myself, just returned.


Hi Frank...it's good to know some of us 'ol timers' are still around.
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Image

carcollector
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:00 pm
Location: Luxembourg
Contact:

Re: return to the fold

Postby carcollector » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:02 am

Hello Steve also from me a Welcome Back (even when you where earlier here that I'm :D )

User avatar
grinbergs
Posts: 6061
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:06 am
Location: Sweden

Re: return to the fold

Postby grinbergs » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:55 am

Nice to see a member coming back again! :)

Rat
Posts: 8722
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada
Contact:

Re: return to the fold

Postby Rat » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Hey there Steve, welcome back and it's good to see you posting again. What are those 1/18's you got?

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25671
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: return to the fold

Postby DeadCanDanceR » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Welcome back, Steve! ;)
-Julio-

Image

User avatar
Galaxy Gaz
Posts: 4148
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:35 am
Location: UK

Re: return to the fold

Postby Galaxy Gaz » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Oh my god....who let the Airfix test pilot back in here ? :lol:
Image

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 26949
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: return to the fold

Postby scalainj » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Alright Steve. Good to see you back
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9484
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: return to the fold

Postby guitardave_1 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Really good to hear from you Steve :) Welcome back! Must admit I thought you were lost to us after so long. Are you still 'Frenchy'? Must catch up.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

seppuku
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:43 am
Location: California, USA

Re: return to the fold

Postby seppuku » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Hello there!

Nice signature...:D
"I have to admit I dont understand 1:43. 1:12 and larger I get, but most 1:43 I have seen (MOST) dont look like real cars. They are usually off in some way."
-"lateapex".....a forum member from diecastxchange.com...:)

User avatar
dcast
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 am
Location: Finland

Re: return to the fold

Postby dcast » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi and welcome back :)

frenchy
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

Re: return to the fold

Postby frenchy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:58 am

Thanks for the kind words chaps.
Gaz...i thought you had given up on diecast..
My new 1:18's are the Spark GT40/Shelby Collectibles GT40 race finish number 1 car second place 1966.
I need to buy a new camera,so will post pics as soon as i get one.
Another 1:18 i must have is the CMC race version of the Aston DB4 Zagato :D
Yes Dave i am still living in France,you still in Southampton?

One more thing i did do.....i bought myself a CATERHAM SEVEN :D :D :D
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Image

frenchy
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

Re: return to the fold

Postby frenchy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:07 am

Sir Gary wrote:Oh my god....who let the Airfix test pilot back in here ? :lol:

i skipped camps and fly for Tamiya now ;)
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Image

User avatar
Galaxy Gaz
Posts: 4148
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:35 am
Location: UK

Re: return to the fold

Postby Galaxy Gaz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:59 am

frenchy wrote:Gaz...i thought you had given up on diecast..


I have come close to giving up on more than one occasion Ill tell ya.
Personal life and health issues have totally changed my attitude towards diecast . You know how much I used to spend on model cars , but I just can no longer justify putting that sort of money into dust collectors . My 1/18s are still being sold off along with everything else that doesn't have a Ford badge on it and once theyre gone I will be a much happier person.

frenchy wrote:
Sir Gary wrote:Oh my god....who let the Airfix test pilot back in here ? :lol:

i skipped camps and fly for Tamiya now ;)


Well the uniform looks the same :lol:
I see your Caterhams in the pic too

Image
Image

User avatar
GarageOnAWall
Posts: 5865
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Florida

Re: return to the fold

Postby GarageOnAWall » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Welcome back to the 2015 version of Scale143...and 1:18er's are welcomed here too! Hard to ignore 1:18s these days with the ever-growing selection and even better quality.

I've heard great things about you and look forward to learning more :D

Now that Caterham, is it a 1:1?

BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 15054
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: return to the fold

Postby Tom » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:51 pm

Welcome back, from a newbie...

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9484
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: return to the fold

Postby guitardave_1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:26 pm

frenchy wrote:Thanks for the kind words chaps.
Gaz...i thought you had given up on diecast..
My new 1:18's are the Spark GT40/Shelby Collectibles GT40 race finish number 1 car second place 1966.
I need to buy a new camera,so will post pics as soon as i get one.
Another 1:18 i must have is the CMC race version of the Aston DB4 Zagato :D
Yes Dave i am still living in France,you still in Southampton?

One more thing i did do.....i bought myself a CATERHAM SEVEN :D :D :D

Outstanding. I would love to get behind the wheel of one as an antidote to ever larger, heavier and more complex cars. Driving modern, run-of-the-mill cars means I've probably never learnt the real meaning of steering feel etc.

Southampton was only a temporary home whilst studying Steve. I forget when we were last in contact. I was back in Havant from 2007, and Ellen (now Mrs Bates) and I bought our own place in 2010. Last year also saw the birth of a daughter, Alice.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

frenchy
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

Re: return to the fold

Postby frenchy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:35 pm

guitardave_1 wrote:
frenchy wrote:Thanks for the kind words chaps.
Gaz...i thought you had given up on diecast..
My new 1:18's are the Spark GT40/Shelby Collectibles GT40 race finish number 1 car second place 1966.
I need to buy a new camera,so will post pics as soon as i get one.
Another 1:18 i must have is the CMC race version of the Aston DB4 Zagato :D
Yes Dave i am still living in France,you still in Southampton?

One more thing i did do.....i bought myself a CATERHAM SEVEN :D :D :D

Outstanding. I would love to get behind the wheel of one as an antidote to ever larger, heavier and more complex cars. Driving modern, run-of-the-mill cars means I've probably never learnt the real meaning of steering feel etc.

Southampton was only a temporary home whilst studying Steve. I forget when we were last in contact. I was back in Havant from 2007, and Ellen (now Mrs Bates) and I bought our own place in 2010. Last year also saw the birth of a daughter, Alice.

:D :D :D
Oh,well done Dave....and HUGE congrats on becoming a dad
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Image


Return to “Welcome”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest