KESS

News, Rumors and Gossip
User avatar
Paulius43
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Valencia, Spain

Re: KESS

Post by Paulius43 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:01 am

Johnny_Bravo wrote:mmmm....lovely model announced. i have a few i'd like from kess but unfortunately i don't think they worth more than 50 euro. call me whatever you want...i think the prices are inflated by the likes of minichamps and matrix and the others are following the trend...no thanks.
I'm with you on this!!
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

Marcellix
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: KESS

Post by Marcellix » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:03 pm

BertOne wrote:A new announcement - the Lamborghini Faena by Frua.
Image
Let's hope it's better than Yow's somewhat misshapen version.
Immediately somewhere high on my wish list. Yes, Kess made some disastrous models. But also very good ones like the Quattroporte III, alfasud sprint, Alfa 164 and Maserati Shamal. Let's hope this is a good one.
(But even the worst Kess models are way better than the best Yow I guess...)

Rat
Posts: 8722
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada
Contact:

Re: KESS

Post by Rat » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Actually, my very first model from Kess is at the top of my shopping list right now and I hope it turns out good because there's no other model I'd rather have. It should be out at the end of September. It's pre-ordered at Car Model.

ISO Rivolta.
Image

DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25942
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: KESS

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:09 am

BertOne wrote:A new announcement - the Lamborghini Faena by Frua.
Image
Let's hope it's better than Yow's somewhat misshapen version.
If it ends up being offered at a decent price (which I really doubt), that's a model that I would love! ;)
-Julio-

User avatar
Serafa
Posts: 1647
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:00 pm
Location: The Garden State / US

Re: KESS

Post by Serafa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:54 am

This car looks like the Lambo Espada.
Image

Marcellix
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: KESS

Post by Marcellix » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Serafa wrote:This car looks like the Lambo Espada.
No it doesn't. Just because it's stretched with a long roofline and low?

User avatar
Serafa
Posts: 1647
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:00 pm
Location: The Garden State / US

Re: KESS

Post by Serafa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:23 pm

Marcellix wrote:
Serafa wrote:This car looks like the Lambo Espada.
No it doesn't. Just because it's stretched with a long roofline and low?
"No it doesn't". Well, it sounded very rude. It is just my opinion. If you you disagree, just say it, but don't tell me what I should think.

In my opinion, it does. As far as I know, who creates MY opinion is MYSELF, or am I wrong? I don't think so.
Image

Marcellix
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: KESS

Post by Marcellix » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:08 am

Serafa wrote:
Marcellix wrote:
Serafa wrote:This car looks like the Lambo Espada.
No it doesn't. Just because it's stretched with a long roofline and low?
"No it doesn't". Well, it sounded very rude. It is just my opinion. If you you disagree, just say it, but don't tell me what I should think.

In my opinion, it does. As far as I know, who creates MY opinion is MYSELF, or am I wrong? I don't think so.
And no it doesn't is my opinion. But your opinion was also formulated as a fact, not an opinion. Still I wonder why this is your opinion...

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 27564
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: KESS

Post by scalainj » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:23 am

Just thought i'd throw this in ;)

At the 1978 Turin Motor Show coachbuilder Pietro Frua presented a one-off 4-door sedan based on the Espada, called the Lamborghini Faena. The wheelbase was extended by 18 centimetres (7.1 in). It is currently owned by a Swiss collector
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
GarageOnAWall
Posts: 6016
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Florida

Re: KESS

Post by GarageOnAWall » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:54 am

I like blue cars

BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

Rat
Posts: 8722
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada
Contact:

Re: KESS

Post by Rat » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Because I collect anything with Frua's name attached to it, the Lambo Faena will be coming my way and I like the car too.

User avatar
Baxter
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: KESS

Post by Baxter » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:12 pm

GarageOnAWall wrote:I like blue cars
I read that in Ralph Wiggum's voice. I apologize.

Image

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: KESS

Post by Tom » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:42 am

Hahahaha!

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 38563
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: KESS

Post by JSB33 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Ralphs cats breath smells like cat food :lol:
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
RaceOddity
Posts: 5258
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 pm
Location: I come from the land of ice and snow....or Calgary,Canada if you prefer.

Re: KESS

Post by RaceOddity » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:46 pm

JSB33 wrote:Ralphs cats breath smells like cat food :lol:


mmmmmm cat's food. :mrgreen:
Image

Marcellix
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: KESS

Post by Marcellix » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:36 pm

scalainj wrote:Just thought i'd throw this in ;)

At the 1978 Turin Motor Show coachbuilder Pietro Frua presented a one-off 4-door sedan based on the Espada, called the Lamborghini Faena. The wheelbase was extended by 18 centimetres (7.1 in). It is currently owned by a Swiss collector
Frua also made a car based on the Citroën SM. That doesn't mean it looks like an SM ;)

User avatar
Baxter
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: KESS

Post by Baxter » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Marcellix wrote:
scalainj wrote:Frua also made a car based on the Citroën SM. That doesn't mean it looks like an SM ;)
No it looks like a Lamborghini. And a wonky one at that.

Image

DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25942
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: KESS

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:28 pm

There's a lot of DeTomaso Pantera in there, too... 8-)
-Julio-

User avatar
Baxter
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: KESS

Post by Baxter » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Judging by the ground clearance, some Jeep too. What with the overhang on the Faena and ride height on this one, I'm not sure that these cars were designed to travel at more than parking lot speeds.

Rat
Posts: 8722
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada
Contact:

Re: KESS

Post by Rat » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:19 pm

That Jeep like stance in that one photo is strange as all the other pics show the car much lower.

Image

User avatar
Galaxy Gaz
Posts: 5075
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:35 am
Location: Somewhere - UK

Re: KESS

Post by Galaxy Gaz » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:38 pm

Rat wrote:That Jeep like stance in that one photo is strange as all the other pics show the car much lower.

Image
don't forget that the Frua utilised the Citroens hydro pneumatic self levelling suspension which was multi height adjustable .
That's a possible reason to differing stances ;)
:flag_gb: Gary

Image

Porsche......Evolution , not Revolution

User avatar
Baxter
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: KESS

Post by Baxter » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:37 am

Sir Gary wrote:don't forget that the Frua utilised the Citroens hydro pneumatic self levelling suspension which was multi height adjustable .
That's a possible reason to differing stances ;)
Yes, that makes perfect sense. So it's the photographer to blame and not Frua. OK, cutting remark withdrawn on account of being ignorant.

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 27564
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: KESS

Post by scalainj » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:27 am

Marcellix wrote:
scalainj wrote:Just thought i'd throw this in ;)

At the 1978 Turin Motor Show coachbuilder Pietro Frua presented a one-off 4-door sedan based on the Espada, called the Lamborghini Faena. The wheelbase was extended by 18 centimetres (7.1 in). It is currently owned by a Swiss collector
Frua also made a car based on the Citroën SM. That doesn't mean it looks like an SM ;)
Whilst this is true because it doesn't seem to use any SM panels, the Faena looks like what it is, a stretched Espada with different light treatments and some rear 3/4 windows - oh and two more doors. The resemblance is striking and so are the number of shared body panels. No getting away from it, i can clearly see the base car in the stretch
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Marcellix
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: KESS

Post by Marcellix » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:52 pm

scalainj wrote:
Marcellix wrote:
scalainj wrote:Just thought i'd throw this in ;)

At the 1978 Turin Motor Show coachbuilder Pietro Frua presented a one-off 4-door sedan based on the Espada, called the Lamborghini Faena. The wheelbase was extended by 18 centimetres (7.1 in). It is currently owned by a Swiss collector
Frua also made a car based on the Citroën SM. That doesn't mean it looks like an SM ;)
Whilst this is true because it doesn't seem to use any SM panels, the Faena looks like what it is, a stretched Espada with different light treatments and some rear 3/4 windows - oh and two more doors. The resemblance is striking and so are the number of shared body panels. No getting away from it, i can clearly see the base car in the stretch
What body panels do these two cars share? I can not find anything but the wheels that are the same (just like the SM).
Yes it has the same stretched 70s conceptcar style, and it was meant to be and based on a Lamborghini. But to me it looks more like a rejected proposal for the Maserati Medici concept :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests