Makeup 2015

News, Rumors and Gossip
seppuku

Re: Makeup 2015

Postby seppuku » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:48 pm

KJ143NZ wrote: Who makes Makeup?

Makeup makes Makeup... :lol:

The factory is in China...

Although they are now produced there, don't be so quick to frown upon that "Made in China" label....

They still maintain the strictest quality control in the industry like it was nobody's business...

Rumor has it an ever so slightly crooked decal applied or faint glue residue observed on the model will get the worker terminated on the spot...No questions asked... :lol: :lol:

Just kidding.... :)

But I can imagine the owner would not be too happy if he inspected and noticed those flaws... :) :)
"I have to admit I dont understand 1:43. 1:12 and larger I get, but most 1:43 I have seen (MOST) dont look like real cars. They are usually off in some way."
-"lateapex".....a forum member from diecastxchange.com...:)

JSB33
Site Admin

Postby JSB33 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:11 am

seppuku wrote:

Are you sure you are not making up this about Makeup? ;)
Did you get the report from Bryan Williams? :lol:
Jeff
ImageImage

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:08 pm

JSB33 wrote:
seppuku wrote:

Are you sure you are not making up this about Makeup? ;)
Did you get the report from Bryan Williams? :lol:

Hehe...

I wouldn't want to be docked 6 months plus without pay, Jeffery... :D :D :D
"I have to admit I dont understand 1:43. 1:12 and larger I get, but most 1:43 I have seen (MOST) dont look like real cars. They are usually off in some way."

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:15 pm

Special Limited Release Lambo Huracan in "Candy Red"....Limited 25 pieces...Unique color... :)

Will start accepting reservations next Monday Feb, 16th at noon...

first come, first serve... now Makeup using this sales tactic... a lot of pressure....make us scramble...

why so brutal like that?!?... :lol:

*Pictures belong to Makeup*

Rat

Postby Rat » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:33 pm

Well, they can go ahead and sell this one out.... :lol: That whole color combo - poop colored base, odd color reddish body and those gold/yellow rims wouldn't be my first, second, third.... choice :twisted:

thetrooper

Postby thetrooper » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:45 pm

If it had black wheels then it'd be great. Gold doesn't really do it for me.
Steve

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Rat wrote:Well, they can go ahead and sell this one out....:lol:

And that they will.. :lol: :lol:

Hi Tom....This combo, I feel, more appealing with collectors from Europe and Asia...

Or maybe it's an Italian thing... :D

MR released a similar color version some years ago of a Lamborghini Gallardo LP570 in Metallic Red with Gold Shoes... :D
*Pictures belong to alpimodel.com*

thetrooper wrote:If it had black wheels then it'd be great. Gold doesn't really do it for me.

Steve...Fair enough.... :)

The look definitely not for everyone...:D

Rat

Postby Rat » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:09 pm

seppuku wrote:Mazda 787B LM 1991 "MAZDA Speed" #18 6th

The Mazda is out but the price... here :o

Venom

Postby Venom » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Rat wrote:
seppuku wrote:Mazda 787B LM 1991 "MAZDA Speed" #18 6th

The Mazda is out but the price... here :o

OUCH. If that were about $100 cheaper, I'd consider it lol...

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Venom wrote:If that were about $100 cheaper, I'd consider it lol...

It can be....

Just make an offer for $195 USD...

Who knows...The seller might be in dire situation and accept your offer... :lol: :lol:

Anything is possible on Ebay, really...

I have experienced sellers who will not even budge $5 on a $500 model,

versus one who sold a $200 piece for $150... 8-) 8-)

scalainj
Site Admin

Postby scalainj » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:46 am

Not sure about those gold wheels but i like the rest of it.
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

BertOne

Postby BertOne » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:19 am

seppuku wrote:Special Limited Release Lambo Huracan in "Candy Red"....Limited 25 pieces...Unique color... :)

Will start accepting reservations next Monday Feb, 16th at noon...

first come, first serve... now Makeup using this sales tactic... a lot of pressure....make us scramble...

why so brutal like that?!?... :lol:

I'm not sure how effective this tactic is. Fronti Art did the same thing with the SSC Tuatara selling 116 of the first (correct) white version and lower numbers of the later issues. They didn't, to my knowledge, repeat this approach and now seem to have all but abandoned 1:43. :(

As for the colour on the Haracan -
- bleurgh!

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:42 pm

BertOne wrote:
seppuku wrote:I'm not sure how effective this tactic is. Fronti Art did the same thing with the SSC Tuatara selling 116 of the first (correct) white version and lower numbers of the later issues. They didn't, to my knowledge, repeat this approach and now seem to have all but abandoned 1:43. :(

With exception of maybe 2-3 models, a bummer that FrontiArt is not releasing anything really noteworthy as of late, as they did in past years for 1/43...

I think they are trying to focus on the 1/18 market and grab a nice share of it...

1/43 very competitive, especially if you are dealing at the higher price point models....Better bring your "A" game....

Regarding Makeup strategy...We will just see how it plays out...

Could end up backfiring on them or become a real success... :) :)

hygt997

Postby hygt997 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:14 am

So sad !!! :cry:

Dear customer
It was release undecided, we became the car model of release planned LB Performance, LB limited works in us We apologize by worry

In addition,
In future Please delete a publication of the advertising (Web, books) including the logo of Lamborghini , Murcielago and photograph about a same manufacturing method product

We ask for understanding and cooperation

Best Regards
Make Up Co., Ltd.

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Totally devastating news...:(

Looks like Makeup will not be producing Lambo Models anymore.....:(

Damn!!! :evil:

Who are collectors going to turn to for their Future

Lamborghini Models?!??

Who will step up?!!!!

F$@K!!!!!

Rat

Postby Rat » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:53 pm

I'd like to see a better translation but I don't see any mention of the Diablo, Huracan, Countach, Reventon, Aventador or Gallardo so it could be just the LB stuff and for that, there's always Davis & Giovanni. I know it says "Lamborghini", specifically the Murcielago so why single it out? Plus, there are plenty of the previously released Make Up Lambos still available..

Rat

Postby Rat » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:05 pm

I just checked the Make Up site and all of their Lambos are still proudly displayed there. :mrgreen:

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Rat wrote:I just checked the Make Up site and all of their Lambos are still proudly displayed there. :mrgreen:

haha... :lol:

Odd...Maybe they want to ride this out as long as possible... :lol:

But according to my Makeup Dealer, who has close ties to them, they are having problems with the Lamborghini License...

Not completely set in stone yet, but we will just have to wait and see how this all plays out...

At any rate, I am not going to take anymore chances, and hoard up as many current Lambo Models of theirs before I get more unfortunate news.. :lol: :lol:

Rat

Postby Rat » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:36 pm

zimbo wrote:
Rat wrote:I don't think I'd buy the blue Aventador since I already have the blue 458.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the 458 Tom, I assume you have not posted pics yet as I can't recall seeing any? as I have been eyeing up the exact same one on the bay but the price is pretty hard to swallow to say the least :?

Oops, missed this post Alistair. Sometimes, I get tempted to take pictures but then I imagine setting up the tripod and going through the whole process and the temptation goes away. :lol:

Since I jumped on the LB 458 as soon as it was announced, I got a good deal on it - I paid $50 less than what they're selling for now. The model is really nice on the outside with fine detail and good paint but the interior is all black so it's hard to see what's actually in there, and the engine is a painted impression molded into the inside rear deck. Overall, it's a very good model and I'm really happy to have it.

zimbo

Postby zimbo » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:03 am

:lol: no probs mate.
Alistair

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:34 am

PLAYLIFE wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Jager wrote:I wonder why Makeup would release the Mazda 787 when its been done by IXO, Minichamps, Spark and HPI.

I'm sure they're well aware of this, and it doesn't bother them....

It's no secret they announce and go forth releasing models that have been produced by others of years past....
Yet, they still sell....

Makeup and others are not aiming to compete directly against the likes of what you mentioned...

As long as the level of build quality is maintained and standards held high, there will be a steady
stream of dedicated, repeat customers willing to pay more for something extra... :)

I hear you. But still don't get the point. The quality is almost 1-1, the HPI has a removable hood, the HPI's are better than Spark and are struggling to sell for the price of IXO.

In the meanwhile these cars go unreleased:

If things go as planned, it seems like the first car you pictured will be modeled in the not-too-distant-future... :D :D

PLAYLIFE

Postby PLAYLIFE » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:36 pm

seppuku wrote:
PLAYLIFE wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Jager wrote:I wonder why Makeup would release the Mazda 787 when its been done by IXO, Minichamps, Spark and HPI.

I'm sure they're well aware of this, and it doesn't bother them....

It's no secret they announce and go forth releasing models that have been produced by others of years past....
Yet, they still sell....

Makeup and others are not aiming to compete directly against the likes of what you mentioned...

As long as the level of build quality is maintained and standards held high, there will be a steady
stream of dedicated, repeat customers willing to pay more for something extra... :)

I hear you. But still don't get the point. The quality is almost 1-1, the HPI has a removable hood, the HPI's are better than Spark and are struggling to sell for the price of IXO.

In the meanwhile these cars go unreleased:

If things go as planned, it seems like the first car you pictured will be modeled in the not-too-distant-future... :D :D

Do you have any more information? To me it looks like they are just making the 1992 Le Mans car already released by Spark:

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:16 am

I have no further information as of now....:)

seppuku

Postby seppuku » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Guess Makeup decided to release a yellow Huracan after all....Plus a limited, shiny version too.... :D

And if everything goes according to plan, these sample versions will soon be on the market as well.... :D :D

Return to “The 6:00 News”