Odds & ends - 2015

News, Rumors and Gossip
Baxter

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Baxter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Since I often see concept cars mentioned here but don't recall seeing this one, I'll post a link

Lancia Flaminia Loramayo - unknown maker US $54.49
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-1-43 ... 87662.html

I think it's a concept. I can't imagine trying to sell that thing.

David MG

Postby David MG » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:54 am

Baxter wrote:Since I often see concept cars mentioned here but don't recall seeing this one, I'll post a link

Another Loewy fantasy.

http://www.carstyling.ru/de/entry/3686/
Cheers,
David

DeadCanDanceR

Postby DeadCanDanceR » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 am

David MG wrote:
Baxter wrote:Since I often see concept cars mentioned here but don't recall seeing this one, I'll post a link

Another Loewy fantasy.

http://www.carstyling.ru/de/entry/3686/

And, here's my cheap Hachette model of this odd looking car:

*1959 Lancia Flaminia "Loraymo", by Norev/Hachette

;)
-Julio-

Baxter

Postby Baxter » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 pm

What I saw must have been a Hachette. There were several others on that page. I think that just because someone designs a concept car that doesn't mean it should be built.

Rat

Postby Rat » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:12 am

That submarine car in 1/43 scale would be awesome and added to my collection. I hope it happens.

This is a 1/18 scale model but it's the first one of the McLaren 650S GT3 made by Frontiart. Looks fantastic and I can't wait for the 1/43's to start showing up.

Paulius43

Postby Paulius43 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:20 am

Couldn't find a proper La Mini Miniera news thread so post here:

Just released, the model of my dreams and now my biggest disappointment! PF Maser 75th Birdcage

LMM, are you serious with this roof line???!!! and those wheels! We are not talking about a 20-euro PW diecast... :evil: :evil: :evil:

It seems Yow has managed to get a better shapo of those lines...
Photo courtsey Greg from France who built and enhanced the kit.

The Modulo is also out.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

BertOne

Postby BertOne » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:24 am

They've really screwed up with this one. A real shame - this was one of my must haves for the year now I may just wait to see what the Maserati partworks version is like. Thanks for the warning!
What do you make of the Modulo? I've always been satisfied with the Redline version so I wasn't planning a replacement anyway but still it'd be nice to have your opinion.

Baxter

Postby Baxter » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:29 am

I think that at some point these companies say "Well it doesn't look good but nobody else is going to do this car so people will buy it regardless". And to a large extent they're right. Especially if they're a high end company because the name remains impressive even when the work isn't. The designer at LMM screwed up. They looked at how much they had spent on this project to that point vs the projected demand and decided that sending it back would cost them more than they could expect to make. That's the danger of doing boutique cars, they don't sell well enough.

Marcellix

Postby Marcellix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 am

If even Yow managed to get a better looking model, this LMM is just a shame. Luckily the PW will be available soon. And the models in that range look good up to now.

My Redline Modulo is one of my favourites in my collection. This one does not appear to be better, on this picture.

So, all in all, you're message just saved me 200 euros! ;)

Jager

Postby Jager » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:45 am

I feel for you Paulius......Its always a huge let down when the model of your dreams turns out to be a huge disappointment. Fortunately it typically only happens once in a while. Lets hope the P/W version exceeds expectations.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Paulius43

Postby Paulius43 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:11 am

Thanks Ian.
I also have some hope that the photos shown on that site might be of some pre-production models (note that the window plastic is not clearly transparent), so I'll have to wait and see more and higher resolution pictures.

Re: Modulo I am not sure either, I'm too happy with my Red Line, so unless somebody does a side by side comparison and we discover that it is way better I won't be getting the LMM (maybe a comparison with real car pics would do the job).
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

BertOne

Postby BertOne » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:19 am

Baxter wrote:I think that at some point these companies say "Well it doesn't look good but nobody else is going to do this car so people will buy it regardless". And to a large extent they're right. Especially if they're a high end company because the name remains impressive even when the work isn't. The designer at LMM screwed up. They looked at how much they had spent on this project to that point vs the projected demand and decided that sending it back would cost them more than they could expect to make. That's the danger of doing boutique cars, they don't sell well enough.

To be honest I would have already ordered this model despite its shortcomings if it wasn't for the forthcoming partworks version. If the pw car has the basic shape/wheels correct and the glazing is OK it should be satisfactory as well as (much) cheaper and be in a proper display carton. I've waited 10 years for a model of this car, another couple of months isn't going to hurt. :?

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:48 am

If you're looking for the AutoCult discussion it has been moved to its own thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10315
- Douglas

BertOne

Postby BertOne » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Paulius43 wrote:It seems Yow has managed to get a better shapo of those lines...
Photo courtsey Greg from France who built and enhanced the kit.

Yow have got this one just about spot on. Pity they/he doesn't just do limited edition built-up runs of his models, say 30 of each, they may be a little cheaper and therefore more widely accessible.

Keko

Postby Keko » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:53 pm

I don´t know if this is the correct thread to show this:

https://ck-modelcars.de/es/eur/l/t-suche/?s=dongguan

It seems to be a new manufacturer from China. They made modelcars in several scales and they have a new line dedicated to 1/43. Their prices are around 33 euros and the model looks very nice and they are, under my opinion, attractive choices. I´m going to pick up this Ferrari as I have the Aston made by Spark.

What do you think guys?
Visit my collection in : http://kekomovil.blogspot.com

DeadCanDanceR

Postby DeadCanDanceR » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Keko wrote:I don´t know if this is the correct thread to show this:

It seems to be a new manufacturer from China. They made modelcars in several scales and they have a new line dedicated to 1/43. Their prices are around 33 euros and the model looks very nice and they are, under my opinion, attractive choices. I´m going to pick up this Ferrari as I have the Aston made by Spark.

What do you think guys?

I think the Aston looks great!

Thanks for the information, Keko! :)
-Julio-

Keko

Postby Keko » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Your welcome Julio. I hope to show the Ferrari soon...

Baxter

Postby Baxter » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:54 pm

The Ferrari looks well done for the price. The wire wheels look good and are hard to get right in the discount models. The grille is a decal. The windshield pillar looks a bit thick and the side window is wonky, but I'm not familiar with the real car so these may be correct. I would say it's worth the money they are asking.

I was more interested in the Stanley Steamer and Ford Model T. In my opinion, those are toy-like and not something I want. Many of the parts are too thick or lack detail. Pre-war cars seem to be harder to model because they have many exposed parts that are very thin or ornate. I have have seen very few cars before 1920 that I thought were well done.

David MG

Postby David MG » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:28 am

Keko wrote:I don´t know if this is the correct thread to show this:

What do you think guys?

Here is the Dongguan Ferrari

In general I am quite pleased. Not a top of the range model but for it's low cost it deserves a place in my collection.
Cheers,
David

GBOAC002

Postby GBOAC002 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:14 am

Not a bad attempt especially with the PF badges and other details. A good buy at that money. Being a 'classic' Ferrari it probably get's around licencing issues.

Keko

Postby Keko » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:30 am

I like it. It´s very nice.

BertOne

Postby BertOne » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:04 pm

I found these Ace models on ebay.

Broadspeed Jaguar XJ12c - John Steed

Buckle Motors Goggomobil Dart 1959
Quite nice and reasonably priced.

A couple of announcements in the last week should have had me ecstatic.....

LANCIA AURELIA RAGGIO AZZURRO II 1958
(Sorry about the picture quality.)
The model's by ABC Brianza.
At the same time (at least according to GPM) RPM announced a model of the Bond Bug, another long time want of mine. The trouble with both is price/quality with the ABC at round £180 and the RPM at £130! :o Perhaps Matrix could do the Lancia - it'd fit right in with their range.

BertOne

Postby BertOne » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:50 am

BertOne wrote:BTW have any of you supercar fans noticed that Jada are to make the Lykan Hypersport in 3 scales? Don't know what scales they are but guess which one I'm hoping for. :|

Further to my earlier post, I've just found out that the scales for the Jada Lykan are to be 1:32. 1:24 and 1:18. :roll:
So we will have 3 models of this marginal interest car in 1:18 (BBR, Front Art and Jada) and none in 1:43. Get your acts together guys!

Rat

Postby Rat » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:22 pm

It would seem that another manufacturer has the license for the 1/43 scale model locked up, hopefully we'll soon find out who it is. I had considered buying the FA 1/18 model a couple of times out of desperation.

Return to “The 6:00 News”