Odds & ends - 2015

News, Rumors and Gossip
User avatar
dbonser
Site Admin
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby dbonser » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:17 am

Skylinefreak wrote:
dbonser wrote:CAM@ C43032 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo White
CAM@ C43033 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo Black
CAM@ C43034 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo Blue-Gray Metallic


I want the white and blue-grey one!!! Where can I get better images? Amiami and Rakuten only has tiny pictures!

Every site has the same tiny pictures right now. From the CAM@ models I have there is no URL for a manufacturer web site so, unfortunately, you might have to wait until it is released for larger pictures.

Hobby Search always has good quality photos of models so maybe bookmark these?
http://www.1999.co.jp/10328955
http://www.1999.co.jp/10328954
http://www.1999.co.jp/10328953
- Douglas

User avatar
Baxter
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Baxter » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Skylinefreak wrote:White, silver and black over grey was the most popular colours in Japan for the sedans from what I've seen, you got it in red and blue as well but they are quite scarce.


Diecast makers have never paid attention to real world colors before. Even for concept cars that were only made in one color. This is a bad time for them to start.

User avatar
Paulius43
Posts: 2291
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Valencia, Spain

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Paulius43 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Swedish partwork series (Atlas) news:

Saab EV-1
Image

these are probably factory sneak outs.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

Marcellix
Posts: 1126
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Marcellix » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Paulius43 wrote:Swedish partwork series (Atlas) news:

Saab EV-1
Image

these are probably factory sneak outs.

I've searched eBay and Internet lots of times for this one. Will get it, that's for sure...

BertOne
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby BertOne » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:01 am

Marcellix wrote:
Paulius43 wrote:Swedish partwork series (Atlas) news:

Saab EV-1
Image

these are probably factory sneak outs.

I've searched eBay and Internet lots of times for this one. Will get it, that's for sure...


Mine arrived yesterday. Its..... OK. The wheels are probably a little small but otherwise its pretty good and anyway what's the alternative? Even the mighty concept model makers Alezan, Ban Seng and Yow have never had a go at this one.

User avatar
Paulius43
Posts: 2291
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Valencia, Spain

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Paulius43 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:29 am

Man, you're quickkkk!!!! Did you get it from China or the original release from Europe? Of course it's not the nicest model, but as you say - the only option at the moment.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

BertOne
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby BertOne » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:06 pm

Paulius43 wrote:Man, you're quickkkk!!!! Did you get it from China or the original release from Europe? Of course it's not the nicest model, but as you say - the only option at the moment.

I got it from China and it was really cheap - less than £12 so I'm not really complaining. Griffin models were planning to make it, as well as the Novanta and Phoenix but if they'll ever materialise they will be expensive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll be added to this range. :roll:

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 7052
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Jager » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:14 pm

The Ev-1 is not very "Saab-ish" is it ?
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
Paulius43
Posts: 2291
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Valencia, Spain

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Paulius43 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Jager wrote:The Ev-1 is not very "Saab-ish" is it ?


Why not? it's a weirdo's car and say "Saab" on the bonnet :lol: :lol:
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

BertOne
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby BertOne » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:55 am

Paulius43 wrote:Lykan who? :roll: :lol: :lol: the new Fast and Furious star? wasnt that a Greenlight area?


Well the Abu Dhabi police now have one of their fleet. If this gets rolled out worldwide they could soon become a familiar sight on all our roads!

User avatar
Paulius43
Posts: 2291
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Valencia, Spain

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Paulius43 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:48 am

BertOne wrote:
Paulius43 wrote:Lykan who? :roll: :lol: :lol: the new Fast and Furious star? wasnt that a Greenlight area?


Well the Abu Dhabi police now have one of their fleet. If this gets rolled out worldwide they could soon become a familiar sight on all our roads!


Just had to google this to make sure you were not joking... and you're not!! OMG. They also got a Roller:
Image
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

BertOne
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby BertOne » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Paulius43 wrote:
BertOne wrote:
Paulius43 wrote:Lykan who? :roll: :lol: :lol: the new Fast and Furious star? wasnt that a Greenlight area?


Well the Abu Dhabi police now have one of their fleet. If this gets rolled out worldwide they could soon become a familiar sight on all our roads!


Just had to google this to make sure you were not joking... and you're not!! OMG. They also got a Roller:
Image


Thanks for confirming that Paulius but I never joke about such things. :|

Skylinefreak
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:56 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Skylinefreak » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:52 am

Skylinefreak wrote:
dbonser wrote:CAM@ C43032 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo White
CAM@ C43033 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo Black
CAM@ C43034 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo Blue-Gray Metallic


I want the white and blue-grey one!!! Where can I get better images? Amiami and Rakuten only has tiny pictures!


I found some decent sized images on kidbox. Unfortunately the model isn't without issues... The rake of the bonnet is too steep and the sill under the doors way too thick. The waistline should be thinner as well. (Ignore the fuel cap, my image is mirrored. Also mine is not a hardtop, so the C pillars are different) I also can't remember ever seeing a Passage GT with highly polished chrome wheels... They should be normal silver...
C43032-2e.jpg


There's something weird going on with the rear numberplate garnish as well, the bead that runs above the taillights and garnish should form a perfectly straight line - in this pic there's some weird break in the line...
C43032-3.jpg


I'll still get one as it's the closest model in 1/43 to my car that exists.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
South African collector of Skylines...

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 15034
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Tom » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:42 pm

I don't know where to post this... Very attractive oddballs, will probably be of interest to a few members although they might suffer from the same sticker shock that hit me. The first batch is Norev/Provence Moulage, I don't know what the last one is but judging from the nostalgic appearance of the box it seems to be a reproduction of some sorts. Prices are EUR 100 each, the last one was 40.

Apologies for the lack of photographic quality, shot in a shop window through the glass. First two pics untagged because they don't pass the forum size check.

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Grotefoto-SHJEBODP.jpg
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Grotefoto-OH6LX7PC.jpg
Image
Image

User avatar
Featherless_Biped
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Featherless_Biped » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Those are oddballs. I see "Savon Ambré Le Chat" for sale on eBay for a mere $270.08+. :shock: (But with a little searching, one can find it for less than $30.)

RT

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 15034
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Tom » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:39 pm

They are so odd, they're in their own category. Would make a nice display, 'historic advertising vehicles'.

Rat
Posts: 8722
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada
Contact:

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Rat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:14 pm

That's kinda similar to this... and the price: 199,95 € :shock: at MCW

Perfex - Berliet TLB19 Charbonneaux, Cirque Sabine Rancy
Image

BertOne
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby BertOne » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Rat wrote:That's kinda similar to this... and the price: 199,95 € :shock: at MCW

Perfex - Berliet TLB19 Charbonneaux, Cirque Sabine Rancy
Image


That's a stunning truck - the other Formica version is even cooler. Pricey though, but luckily I've managed to stop myself from collecting trucks (so far :? ).

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 37368
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby JSB33 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:01 am

There just has to be a market for these at PW prices.
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
rotormotor
Posts: 2935
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: Wellington ~ New Zealand

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby rotormotor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:53 am

Top Gear aka TRAX models have GT mk2 cortina new release..not cheap at $90AU though.

Image
Last edited by rotormotor on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 15034
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:55 am

Austin Kimberley is tempting, I like oddballs and foreign market specials.

k1w1taxi
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Hamilton, Shakey Isles

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby k1w1taxi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:46 am

Looks like you mean Mk 2 'Tina. Which would be very welcome as I know of no previous 4 door versions, despite the fact I have never seen a 2 door version until about 5 years ago. Kimberley would also be tempting. Need the dollars to get closer to that Parity they were all talking about 4 months or so ago.

Cheers
Lee

Skylinefreak
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:56 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby Skylinefreak » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:31 am

dbonser wrote:
Skylinefreak wrote:
dbonser wrote:CAM@ C43032 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo White
CAM@ C43033 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo Black
CAM@ C43034 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo Blue-Gray Metallic


I want the white and blue-grey one!!! Where can I get better images? Amiami and Rakuten only has tiny pictures!

Every site has the same tiny pictures right now. From the CAM@ models I have there is no URL for a manufacturer web site so, unfortunately, you might have to wait until it is released for larger pictures.

Hobby Search always has good quality photos of models so maybe bookmark these?
http://www.1999.co.jp/10328955
http://www.1999.co.jp/10328954
http://www.1999.co.jp/10328953


Does anyone know where I can find the manufacturers (CAM@) website or more detail about their range of models and release dates etc?
South African collector of Skylines...

User avatar
dbonser
Site Admin
Posts: 5978
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Odds & ends - 2015

Postby dbonser » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:27 am

Skylinefreak wrote:
dbonser wrote:
Skylinefreak wrote:
dbonser wrote:CAM@ C43032 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo White
CAM@ C43033 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo Black
CAM@ C43034 1987 Nissan Skyline (R31) GT Passage Twin Cam 24V Turbo Blue-Gray Metallic


I want the white and blue-grey one!!! Where can I get better images? Amiami and Rakuten only has tiny pictures!

Every site has the same tiny pictures right now. From the CAM@ models I have there is no URL for a manufacturer web site so, unfortunately, you might have to wait until it is released for larger pictures.

Hobby Search always has good quality photos of models so maybe bookmark these?
http://www.1999.co.jp/10328955
http://www.1999.co.jp/10328954
http://www.1999.co.jp/10328953


Does anyone know where I can find the manufacturers (CAM@) website or more detail about their range of models and release dates etc?

No idea on a website for CAM@. The models I have do not have a URL or any details for that matter. Hobby Search has the most CAM@ model listings that I've seen so far: http://www.1999.co.jp/search?typ1_c=101 ... key=cam%40
- Douglas


Return to “The 6:00 News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest