WRC Rally Winners

dbonser
Site Admin

WRC Rally Winners

Postby dbonser » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:15 am

I reached the 60,000 character limit on a single post so I split this list up into multiple posts in this thread; 1 for each manufacturer.

When possible I have linked to the manufacturer's page for the item.
If this is not available I try carmodel.com next since they have a very extensive catalog of items.
If nothing is available on carmodel.com I use whatever I can find on the internet - eBay listings, other online stores, collectors' web sites, etc.
One exception is the DeAgostini Rally Car Collection partswork series. All of these link to my thread with photos of all of the models.

As links become inactive over time I will check the Internet Wayback Machine to see if it is available there.
If it is not available there I will link to images I downloaded while the link was still active.

Alpine

Audi

BMW

Citroën

Fiat

Ford

Hyundai

Lancia

Mazda

Mercedes

Mitsubishi

Nissan & Datsun

Opel

Peugeot

Porsche

Renault

Saab

Subaru

Talbot

Toyota

Volkswagen
Last edited by dbonser on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.

scalainj
Site Admin

Re: WRC Rally Winners

Postby scalainj » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:01 am

Douglas

Pretty sure i can add to the Quattros models - but do need to sort mine out

Cheers

Andy
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:34 am

scalainj wrote:Douglas

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy, that would be great.

k1w1taxi

Postby k1w1taxi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:34 am

Only errors I can see with the Rally NZ are
1977 Fiat (You have it listed as South Pacific)
1994 Subaru
Code 3 35 examples of each by Diecast.co.nz

1997 Gronholm is due (Sometime) from Minichamps
1982 Toyota has been done by Bizarre (BZ530)

Also 1984 - 1986 Safari winners have been done by Bizarre# BZ 214-216 respectively.

Cheers
Lee

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:09 pm

k1w1taxi wrote:Only errors I can see with the Rally NZ are
1977 Fiat (You have it listed as South Pacific)
1994 Subaru
Code 3 35 examples of each by Diecast.co.nz

1997 Gronholm is due (Sometime) from Minichamps
1982 Toyota has been done by Bizarre (BZ530)

Also 1984 - 1986 Safari winners have been done by Bizarre# BZ 214-216 respectively.

Cheers
Lee

Lee - Thanks for the missing models. They have been added to the list. One of the sites I was using (juwra.com) listed the 77 rally as South Pacific Rally so that's why I went with that.

k1w1taxi

Postby k1w1taxi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:47 pm

A nother look in my cabinet shows a 1992 safari ST185 by Trofeu. Sorry don't have the part no without quite a search for the box.

Cheers
Lee

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 am

Lots of updates: added Prodrive & Starter releases, a lot of missing Ford models, & other based on RRR models web site items for sale.

philsaunders

Postby philsaunders » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:10 pm

What about the Peugeot 404 - winner of the Safari Rally in '63, & '66-'68? Or wasn't the Safari part of the WRC back then? I guess it joined the WRC in '77 - so I just answered my own question. I'd get the models anyway!!

I know Ixo has a model of at least two of those winners. RAC026 - '67 winner & RAC100 - '68 winner.
Friends don't let friends early apex...

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:16 pm

philsaunders wrote:What about the Peugeot 404 - winner of the Safari Rally in '63, & '66-'68? Or wasn't the Safari part of the WRC back then? I guess it joined the WRC in '77 - so I just answered my own question. I'd get the models anyway!!

I know Ixo has a model of at least two of those winners. RAC026 - '67 winner & RAC100 - '68 winner.

I didn't include those since the WRC didn't start until 1973 but the Safari Rally was part of it from the start.

I have the '68 winner from DeAgostini's Rally Car Collection partswork from a few years ago - some pictures of it are here.

philsaunders

Postby philsaunders » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:48 am

I have the '67 car (#5) in an IXO release. Looks about the same.

Zeus

Postby Zeus » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:52 am

dbonser wrote:
1989 RAC Rally - Airikkala
MotorPro MP001 in promo packaging

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V (Group A)
1998 Rally Argentina - Mäkinen
Vitesse V98151...this was a Burns Carisma GT no Makinen car made

1998 Rallye Sanremo - Mäkinen
Skid SKW99001 Podium set
1998 Rally Australia - Mäkinen
Skid SKM99009

1981 Rally Codasur (Argentina) - Fréquelin
Rally Collection (no issue no, spanish mail only)

Just a few, will look properly when I have more time
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:06 am

Zeus wrote:
dbonser wrote:
1989 RAC Rally - Airikkala
MotorPro MP001 in promo packaging

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V (Group A)
1998 Rally Argentina - Mäkinen
Vitesse V98151...this was a Burns Carisma GT no Makinen car made

1998 Rallye Sanremo - Mäkinen
Skid SKW99001 Podium set
1998 Rally Australia - Mäkinen
Skid SKM99009

1981 Rally Codasur (Argentina) - Fréquelin
Rally Collection (no issue no, spanish mail only)

Just a few, will look properly when I have more time

Thanks! I will get these changes incorporated into the main list.

URQRR20V

Postby URQRR20V » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:00 pm

scalainj wrote:Douglas

Cheers

Andy

That day I have got to see :lol: :lol: :lol:

Douglas, are you saying these are the models you have or want to start collecting? Or is it just a list?

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:09 pm

URQRR20V wrote:Douglas, are you saying these are the models you have or want to start collecting? Or is it just a list?

It's a list of all WRC event winning cars and any models of those cars that may exist. My plan is to use it to build a collection of at least 1 example of the different WRC event winning cars (i.e. 1 BMW M3, 1 Fiat 131, 1 Lancia Stratos, etc.)

reeft1

Postby reeft1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:41 am

Hi - I joined last night having come across this thread whilst googling. I think I might be able to help. I've been on a similar journey over the past 6 years, and as a result had to build my own reference guide to help me track down models to plug gaps in my collection which has meant tracking down lots of old catalogues from the 1980's. As is always the case with collecting, what started out as a simple WRC model car collection, expanded to include examples of the cars driven by the World Driver and Manufacturer champions in each year, and models from each WRC location i.e Corsica, Alsace, New Zealand etc.

I've had to source quite a few deleted kits etc. to minimise the number of gaps - so my collection and reference guide is a mixture of diecast, resin and white metal kits, decals/transkits/code 3 conversions etc. Not all of the gaps are filled, some cars have yet (as far as I can tell) been produced by anyone, and some of the model references listed have appeared in catalogues but I may not have been able to find evidence that they were actually produced. Finally, where "?" appear, its because I have come across something which implies a company may have produced a model historically, but haven't been able to find a specific reference number (or in some cases, where kits produce models from multiple rallies, , without sight of the actual decals I can't be certain the specific car/driver combo for the rally winner is buildable from the parts in the kit).

I don't pretend my list is bullet proof, so please do your own research before entrusting it if thinking of buying - indeed, I picked up a couple of inaccuracies from a quick review of your list last night.

The list is in excel format - as I'm new to this forum, what's the protocol with uploads etc.? Allowed or would I need to email you the list separately?

Regards

scalainj
Site Admin

Postby scalainj » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:51 am

Not sure the forum would accept an excel spreadsheet as an upload. I think we reached and breached our limit a long time ago

Certainly all the members who post here host there photos or documents themselves or on a third party site and link to it as this works best for all concerned.

We have a whole bunch of rally collectors here so the resource you have compiled will be of a lot of interest.

And of course - welcome to the forum

Andy
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

JSB33
Site Admin

Postby JSB33 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:50 am

Seconding everything that Andy had to say. Sadly our upload limit was breached many moons ago.

I am sure a solution can be found, it sounds as though your listing would be extremely helpful.

And welcome to the group!
Jeff
ImageImage

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:09 am

reeft1 wrote:Hi - I joined last night having come across this thread whilst googling. I think I might be able to help. I've been on a similar journey over the past 6 years, and as a result had to build my own reference guide to help me track down models to plug gaps in my collection which has meant tracking down lots of old catalogues from the 1980's. As is always the case with collecting, what started out as a simple WRC model car collection, expanded to include examples of the cars driven by the World Driver and Manufacturer champions in each year, and models from each WRC location i.e Corsica, Alsace, New Zealand etc.

I've had to source quite a few deleted kits etc. to minimise the number of gaps - so my collection and reference guide is a mixture of diecast, resin and white metal kits, decals/transkits/code 3 conversions etc. Not all of the gaps are filled, some cars have yet (as far as I can tell) been produced by anyone, and some of the model references listed have appeared in catalogues but I may not have been able to find evidence that they were actually produced. Finally, where "?" appear, its because I have come across something which implies a company may have produced a model historically, but haven't been able to find a specific reference number (or in some cases, where kits produce models from multiple rallies, , without sight of the actual decals I can't be certain the specific car/driver combo for the rally winner is buildable from the parts in the kit).

I don't pretend my list is bullet proof, so please do your own research before entrusting it if thinking of buying - indeed, I picked up a couple of inaccuracies from a quick review of your list last night.

The list is in excel format - as I'm new to this forum, what's the protocol with uploads etc.? Allowed or would I need to email you the list separately?

Regards

Welcome to the forum! It's funny that you mention finding this list while Googling for model. I find the same thing now - when I search for something this thread is on the first page of results a lot of times. :lol:

Note that I have intentionally stayed away from kits on my list as (personally) I'd rather buy the completed model since I don't really have the time to build one. Having said that, I would love to see any list that you have to see what gaps I can fill in. Hopefully we can both benefit from each other's work.

I will PM you an email address that you can send the spreadsheet to.

reeft1

Postby reeft1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:58 am

If I'm honest, I have a drawer full of unbuilt kits - stashed away in the dream that one day I will either a) have the time to build them or b) someone will bring out a diecast of it!!

philsaunders

Postby philsaunders » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Hey Douglas, for the 1985 Rallye Sanremo Audi Sport Quattro S1 there's a MC dealer edition also - probably the one you want since it has the HB decals applied. Don't know the actual part number for it (should be a 503.XX.XXX.XX format) and I'm looking myself! Might ask Andy (scalainj) as he has it.

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:13 pm

philsaunders wrote:Hey Douglas, for the 1985 Rallye Sanremo Audi Sport Quattro S1 there's a MC dealer edition also - probably the one you want since it has the HB decals applied. Don't know the actual part number for it (should be a 503.XX.XXX.XX format) and I'm looking myself! Might ask Andy (scalainj) as he has it.

Thanks for the head's up Phil. Andy replied early on that he'd take a look at his Audi models. I suspect that might take a while considering how many he has. ;)

scalainj
Site Admin

Postby scalainj » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:50 am

dbonser wrote:
philsaunders wrote:Hey Douglas, for the 1985 Rallye Sanremo Audi Sport Quattro S1 there's a MC dealer edition also - probably the one you want since it has the HB decals applied. Don't know the actual part number for it (should be a 503.XX.XXX.XX format) and I'm looking myself! Might ask Andy (scalainj) as he has it.

Thanks for the head's up Phil. Andy replied early on that he'd take a look at his Audi models. I suspect that might take a while considering how many he has. ;)

And you'd be right on that Douglas - i know where all the models are, its the boxes that are the problem......

Andy
Andy

philsaunders

Postby philsaunders » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:53 am

Found the DE part number for the San Remo S1: 503 05 008 03

dbonser
Site Admin

Postby dbonser » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:57 am

philsaunders wrote:Found the DE part number for the San Remo S1: 503 05 008 03

Thanks! I've added it to the list and I will be updating the thread with more models later this week.

Return to “Model Reference”