Look Smart Miscues

Find a model with an issue? Post your findings here.
Alfaholic

Look Smart Miscues

Postby Alfaholic » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:22 am

Hope this is the right section for this.

There have been a few Look Smarts popping up on the Forum recently, mainly due to the new Ferrari licence I guess. I have been eagerly awaiting my first two, ordered from CK Models in Germany. They turned up recently and Kimi Raikkonen's SF15-T has a fairly noticeable issue - the "Scuderia Ferrari" decal is missing from one side of the engine cover. I know Kimi hasn't had the greatest year, but this is a bit harsh! The model is OK apart from this.

I have contacted CK and am waiting on their reply.

The No. 27 Scuderia Filipinetti 250 LM from the 1965 Le Mans race also arrived, and it is perfect.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with Look Smart, or has received the Vettel or Raikkonen SF15-Ts, with full decals. I have a couple more Look Smarts on order and will be looking to get more due to their Ferrari connection.

Martin
Martin

Jager

Re: Look Smart Miscues

Postby Jager » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:26 am

That's a pretty major QC stuffup from Looksmart. At least they didn't forget the Alfa logos !
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Alfaholic

Postby Alfaholic » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:50 am

Unfortunately CK Models can't offer a replacement as they have sold out of this model. They have offered a partial refund however.

Would anyone have any ideas about where I could get some decals for the car?

Thanks
Martin
Martin

Jager

Postby Jager » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:20 am

Kimi seems to have binned his Ferrari more times than he's finished this year. Maybe you should just hit the model with a hammerand turn it into a diorama piece :lol:

I hope the rumours that we'll see Dan in a Ferrari in 2017 are true. Kimi is well past his best.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Alfaholic

Postby Alfaholic » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:31 am

Jager wrote:Kimi seems to have binned his Ferrari more times than he's finished this year. Maybe you should just hit the model with a hammerand turn it into a diorama piece :lol:

I hope the rumours that we'll see Dan in a Ferrari in 2017 are true. Kimi is well past his best.

It hurts me to agree, as he is the last driver to win the Championship in a Ferrari, but I do find myself yelling at the TV during most races, wondering just what is he doing.

I hadn't heard too much about Dan going there in 2017, but I would be happy with that - an Australian Italian in red would suit me very much, although I wouldn't say no to young Max popping up there either.
Martin

builthatch

Postby builthatch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:16 pm

i did a quick search and found a Tameo 1/43 sheet from Kimi's last chassis (right?) that has those Scuderia decals and i believe they are identical to what you need even though they are from 2014.

http://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.p ... s_id=18046

Alfaholic

Postby Alfaholic » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:35 pm

builthatch wrote:i did a quick search and found a Tameo 1/43 sheet from Kimi's last chassis (right?) that has those Scuderia decals and i believe they are identical to what you need even though they are from 2014.

http://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.p ... s_id=18046

Thanks very much. I have ordered a set of the 2014 decals as they look OK. Have also ordered some older Marlboro decals for some 2000s Ferrari.

Thanks again.
Martin

Return to “Manufacturer Miscues”