Kyosho & J Collection Miscues

Find a model with an issue? Post your findings here.
scalainj
Site Admin

Kyosho & J Collection Miscues

Post by scalainj » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Please show any issues you have with quality control or errors with Kyosho & J-Collection models in this thread.

Remember photos of the equivalent 1/1 are very important to demonstrate the issue with the model.

Constructive critiscm is the aim
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Chris Sweetman

Re: Kyosho & J Collection Miscues

Post by Chris Sweetman » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:07 am

Well it looks like we are all happy regarding the quality and execution of Kyosho & J Collection models because no-one has posted any references to miscues since this post’s inauguration on the 2nd April 2011. Now almost two years and eight months have past. Well done Kyosho & J Collection. :D

Chris

dcast

Post by dcast » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:04 am

I have forgot to add here the J-Collection Nissan Primera which has two mistakes, first the wipers pointing in wrong direction in LHD car. Another is the door handles are placed too high.
Here's the pics of the model and real car:

I have marked the places in the real car photo where the mistakes are in the model:

TR2

Post by TR2 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:18 am

You have an eagle eye - the handles should be placed right on the crease. It is remarkable, though, as Chris Sweetman points out, that there were no complaints at all on this thread, which is a small indicator that the quality of these two brands is quite high. I'd always suspected as much, though I've never closely examined a model from either maker at the shop (their cars generally don't fit my themes, though a few items are interesting). ;)

Chris Sweetman

Post by Chris Sweetman » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:03 pm

dcast I take it that the real deal and the model are slightly different variations as you have not drawn attention to the oblong shapes just under the headlight cluster nor the side lights as they appear on the J-Collection model.

For the other two miscues you have identified I agree with TR2 that you have an eagle eye to detail.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

dcast

Post by dcast » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 am

Chris Sweetman wrote:dcast I take it that the real deal and the model are slightly different variations as you have not drawn attention to the oblong shapes just under the headlight cluster nor the side lights as they appear on the J-Collection model.

For the other two miscues you have identified I agree with TR2 that you have an eagle eye to detail.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris
The real car is Finnish version with headlights washers which probably wasn't available in other EU countries, maybe at most a Scandinavian feature. Can't expect a modelcar to be with country specific equipment :)

Sidelight, you mean the turnsignal light between front wheelwell and door? That looks ok to me in the model compared to the real car. Foglights however are indeed missing from the real car's lower grille, I guess it's pretty basic version and modelcars tend to be the top of the line.

I could add the headlight washers (peaces of clear tape), replace the wipers with correct ones but can't fix the doorhandles because they're molded into the diecast body.

I've got two other J-Collection cars and they're fine. I just wonder why they did these mistakes with this Primera.

M.K

Post by M.K » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:08 am

Edit: sorry, my bad.

The model is Primera 20L?

It seems to be quite good.

Notice the line running across the centre of the bend? The handles are right above.
It also seems to be the only version that uses that type of foglights. Other versions tend to use circular bulbs.

Edit2:
Is this the model?
http://www.jcollection-models.com/produ ... brass.html
Sorry, this will be the last edit. :D
Mark!
[img]Will%20add%20a%20diecast%20pic%20soon[/img]
Edit: Edit: Edit: Shoot me if I can't breake the habit! (3-5 edits in a single post is normal with me, just so you know)

dcast

Post by dcast » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:05 pm

The model in your link seems to have RHD steeringwheel, mine has LHD. As for the doorhandles, I stand corrected. Didn't know there's two types of doorhandles used in this car. Thanks for posting those pics :) Not the first time I'm wrong in something... :P