Re: GM Touring Cars Worldwide Wishlist

Post by Lesopc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:26 pm

KILOHMUNNS wrote:I've got a few of the BTCC cars on your list :D

This is the link to my BTCC Cavalier collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28372122@N ... 447509365/

I've also done a couple of Vectra conversions

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28372122@N ... 7220392687

There was one company that make the 1995 BTCC Cavalier but only in kit form, they were make by Formule kit in Belgium which sadly stopped trading that year. I've been luckly to have found 3 kits (see above)
Love the Cavaliers i have the GM card '94 Blue one by Racing Replicas as you may have seen. My wife got it at a bargain £8.99 plus P&P from Germany a couple of years ago. Shortly after a Red Masterfit Allam '94 car sold for £80 on ebay so i lost out. Can't find the kits anywhere these days but would (like most) love some.
As for the Vectras, i was at Thruxton for the 1st rounds of '98 (I remember the sleet) but don't recall Figueiredo's car (unless it was later in the season)? I will of course do my research and add this to my wish list too. I also see that you did a Chilton '07 Vectra with an Oxford model. I am looking to source 2 more in this livery for modifying as the Chilton and Menu (#88) cars as well as getting 3 of the '08 ones for modifying to the '09 team of Giovanardi, Neal and Jordan.
Last edited by Lesopc on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:27 pm

JSB33 wrote:Its like a BTCC Cult :D

You guy really show your passion and talents.
How can anyone not like the BTCC??? :D :D
General Motors Nut

69Stang

Post by 69Stang » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:20 pm

Lesopc wrote:

No kidding! I was just telling a new member in the welcome threads how much I enjoyed the BTCC all the way over here in the States! GREAT racing, door handle to door handle!
Racecar spelled backwards is STILL Racecar!

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:58 am

69Stang wrote:
Lesopc wrote:

No kidding! I was just telling a new member in the welcome threads how much I enjoyed the BTCC all the way over here in the States! GREAT racing, door handle to door handle!
Just the way racing should be. Glad it appeals to some in the U.S. To return the compliment, i love both Nascar and the SCCA Pirelli World Challenge.
General Motors Nut

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:16 am

Lesopc wrote:

You don't like, BTCC.

You love BTCC :lol:

The thing I always take away from watching it (besides the great racing) is how excited the announcers get :D
Jeff
ImageImage

KILOHMUNNS

Post by KILOHMUNNS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:10 am

Lesopc wrote:

There was one company that make the 1995 BTCC Cavalier but only in kit form, they were make by Formule kit in Belgium which sadly stopped trading that year. I've been luckly to have found 3 kits (see above)
Love the Cavaliers i have the GM card '94 Blue one by Racing Replicas as you may have seen. My wife got it at a bargain £8.99 plus P&P from Germany a couple of years ago. Shortly after a Red Masterfit Allam '94 car sold for £80 on ebay so i lost out. Can't find the kits anywhere these days but would (like most) love some.
As for the Vectras, i was at Thruxton for the 1st rounds of '98 (I remember the sleet) but don't recall Figueiredo's car (unless it was later in the season)? I will of course do my research and add this to my wish list too. I also see that you did a Chilton '07 Vectra with an Oxford model. I am looking to source 2 more in this livery for modifying as the Chilton and Menu (#88) cars as well as getting 3 of the '08 ones for modifying to the '09 team of Giovanardi, Neal and Jordan.
This is the link for a picture of the Figueiredo Vectra from PDS's photos

http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/galle ... w.jpg.html

The Chilton car along with most of the Cavalier conversions were done by a guy I know in Germany, he is a Cavalier/Vectra nut. He has a collection of Vectra's you would probably drool over ;) He only produced the decals for me so I had to make all the models myself. He does sell them from time to time on ebay but they aren't cheap, I got mine by doing some model/decal exchanges with him in the past.
Chris

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:05 pm

KILOHMUNNS wrote:
Lesopc wrote:

The Chilton car along with most of the Cavalier conversions were done by a guy I know in Germany, he is a Cavalier/Vectra nut. He has a collection of Vectra's you would probably drool over ;) He only produced the decals for me so I had to make all the models myself. He does sell them from time to time on ebay but they aren't cheap, I got mine by doing some model/decal exchanges with him in the past.
I do not suppose he could give me a quote for a set of decals to fit the oxford models could he?
I'm looking for Chilton and Menu 2007 and maybe a sheet of Giovanardi, Neal and Jordan 2009!
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:06 pm

KILOHMUNNS wrote:
Lesopc wrote:

Figueiredo now added to my wish list at top of page.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:10 pm

KILOHMUNNS wrote:
Lesopc wrote:

I'm sure i would love to see his Vectra's.
General Motors Nut

KILOHMUNNS

Post by KILOHMUNNS » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm

I will contact him for you and see what he says.
Chris

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:57 pm

KILOHMUNNS wrote:I will contact him for you and see what he says.
Many thanks.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:15 am

Soon to be added is a list of ATCC/Bathurst HDT Holdens from 1968-1979 just to complete the Aussie set. Keep 'em peeled. 8-)
General Motors Nut

KILOHMUNNS

Post by KILOHMUNNS » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Lesopc wrote:
Many thanks.
Sorry but he isn't wanting to do any deals at the moment and will only sell on ebay! :shock:
He also doesn't want to show his collection until it's finished. :roll: If it's anything like mine then that will be never :lol:

He only dealt with me as I had something he wanted.
Chris

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:38 pm

KILOHMUNNS wrote:
Lesopc wrote:
Many thanks.
Sorry but he isn't wanting to do any deals at the moment and will only sell on ebay! :shock:
He also doesn't want to show his collection until it's finished. :roll: If it's anything like mine then that will be never :lol:

He only dealt with me as I had something he wanted.
Fair play but thanks anyway.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:27 pm

I will add a handful of DTM and Nurburgring 24 hrs cars to this list shortly. Watch this space.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:51 pm

DTM now updated
Last edited by Lesopc on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Just updated.....

List now includes 2001 and 2002 BTCC 888 Egg Sport Vauxhall Astra Coupe's as well as the Tech-Speed VXR Junior 2004 car.

See page 1
General Motors Nut

Faustus

Post by Faustus » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Have you done any research into resin casting? I worked for an investment casting foundry and we made wax and resin moulds for our aluminium castings. The resin itself is relatively simple, it's just a 2-part resin that comes in liquid form. The hard thing is making the moulds.

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Faustus wrote:Have you done any research into resin casting? I worked for an investment casting foundry and we made wax and resin moulds for our aluminium castings. The resin itself is relatively simple, it's just a 2-part resin that comes in liquid form. The hard thing is making the moulds.
I kind of guessed this but i am not that much of an artist and don't have to much patience.
General Motors Nut

PDS

Post by PDS » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Faustus wrote:Have you done any research into resin casting? I worked for an investment casting foundry and we made wax and resin moulds for our aluminium castings. The resin itself is relatively simple, it's just a 2-part resin that comes in liquid form. The hard thing is making the moulds.
So what are you offering?

Faustus

Post by Faustus » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:04 am

I'm sure I've got an article about making your own resin castings in an old Scale Model Enthusiast. I'll dig that out.
There is another way of making moulds for resin castings, which would definitely work for models that you would like to modify or change slightly. You use the diecast white metal body of the model and make a resin print of that to use as a buck. Modify that in whatever way you need to and then use it to cast production bodies. I've seen it being done.
Of course the other alternatives are to make the buck in wood or metal. I work for a CNC machining company and if I had access to the programming software I might have a play with making something. I'll ask the programmer and see if something can be arranged. One problem is that our CNC mills are huge are not really suited for this sort of minute detail work.

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:20 am

Faustus wrote:I'm sure I've got an article about making your own resin castings in an old Scale Model Enthusiast. I'll dig that out.
There is another way of making moulds for resin castings, which would definitely work for models that you would like to modify or change slightly. You use the diecast white metal body of the model and make a resin print of that to use as a buck. Modify that in whatever way you need to and then use it to cast production bodies. I've seen it being done.
Of course the other alternatives are to make the buck in wood or metal. I work for a CNC machining company and if I had access to the programming software I might have a play with making something. I'll ask the programmer and see if something can be arranged. One problem is that our CNC mills are huge are not really suited for this sort of minute detail work.
This was my idea, to use a die cast body with mods as a Buck. But my modelling skills are, at this time, limited. I might try a few practice runs. You are very helpful with advice Faustus. Thanks. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
General Motors Nut

PDS

Post by PDS » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:37 am

Correct me if i'm wrong..

The mould is not the model or the buck?

Isn't the mould what produces the model? The negative of the model, so-to-speak?

Faustus

Post by Faustus » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:53 am

PDS wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong..

The mould is not the model or the buck?

Isn't the mould what produces the model? The negative of the model, so-to-speak?
Ok, this is all down to terminology, I suppose. To clarify:
The tooling or mould is what produces the model, so it's the female part of the model or the negative. The wax/resin/metal is poured/fed into the tooling to produce the model.
The buck is the male part, it's the actual representation of the finished model, so it's used as the positive, if you will, to make the tooling (the negative).

I'm sorry, I went a bit too much into investment casting in my post. In IC, the tooling is filled with wax to produce moulds, which are then covered in ceramics. The ceramic coated moulds are 'fired' or heated up to melt the wax and create a ceramic negative. The metal is then poured into the ceramic mould. Once the metal cools, the ceramic is broken up and you are left with the part.