GM Touring Cars

BTCC, WTCC, DTM etc
Lesopc

Re: GM Touring Cars

Postby Lesopc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:46 am

JasonPotato wrote:I wonder how long before we see one crop up on Ebay? I can promise you it won't be number 08 as it's the pride of my collection 8-)

So i won't be getting number 8 for a fiver then JP??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
General Motors Nut

TouringCarExclusives

Postby TouringCarExclusives » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:44 am

If they are indeed all sold then i would expect them to rise in value. It has also been taken off the Trax website so does look like they have all sold...

Lesopc wrote:So i won't be getting number 8 for a fiver then JP??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure you can get any btcc models for that price, trust me i have tried :D

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:53 am

My 5 new additions are now at the top of this thread. Enjoy.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Fri May 31, 2013 8:24 am

Corgi Vanguards 1989 Astra GTE out now. Can't wait to get this and maybe the 3 Minichamps Kadetts too. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
General Motors Nut

TouringCarExclusives

Postby TouringCarExclusives » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:13 am

I wouldn't waste your time with the Vanguards Astra... As for the Minichamps Astra/Kadett, well they look amazing!

I like the way you have added little info plaques to all the models which don't have one.

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:54 am

JasonPotato wrote:I wouldn't waste your time with the Vanguards Astra... As for the Minichamps Astra/Kadett, well they look amazing!

I like the way you have added little info plaques to all the models which don't have one.

Thanks Jason, I thought it would be nice for those not familiar with these cars to know a little about what they're actually looking at. I am very happy however with my Vanguards Astra which arrived yesterday. Not quite as good as the Minichamps Kadetts but still a fair effort and a model long needed on any GM collection as mine. My photos of the Astra and the Cavalier will follow soon.

Furthermore, i need to make some changes to the following models in my line-up:

2007 Vectra BTCC by Oxford
2008 Vectra's x3 BTCC by Oxford
1992 Cavalier BTCC by Corgi

These all need lowering as per the race cars and the Cavalier needs it's exhaust pipes re-sited.
1994 Cavalier BTCC by Racing Replicas
Needs a supertouring type centre exit exhaust pipe made up and fitted.
1993 and 1994 French TCC Vectra A's by Racing Replicas
May both also need centre exit exhaust pipe and the '93 car needs number and name decals applied. I need to paint the '94 car wing mirrors white.
1996 Calibra ITC Marlboro by Onyx
Needs correct Marlboro decal set applied in place of the never used barcode type on the model.

A few more now require plaques too. Keep looking for the new photos soon.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:24 pm

My 2 latest additions are now at the top of this post. Enjoy.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:14 pm

New addition now at top of thread. A little disappointed in the way the window mould sits on this one, expected more from PMA/Minichamps especially for the price. Is it a common fault with these Omega's or just mine???

Great addition though. :)
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Sun May 10, 2015 1:49 pm

FOR SALE

I am just writing this post to let you all know that my ENTIRE collection of GM Branded Touring Cars is up for sale. You will find them all at the top of this thread but if you wish to buy any of them, please let me know so that I can end the eBay listings to avoid any disappointments. I will be happy to discuss prices via PM and each car will have a £4 P&P Surcharge added to it's final sale price. Shipping costs for multiples can be discussed via PM. I am selling my collection due to the lack of progression on some keenly awaited projects from various manufacturers, all the delays and cancellations have left me very disappointed. This is not to mention the apparent withdrawal of most GM brand factory racing teams from various worldwide championships/series.
General Motors Nut

JSB33
Site Admin

Postby JSB33 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:34 am

Sorry to hear that you are selling off but good luck with your sales.
Jeff
ImageImage

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Mon May 11, 2015 6:53 am

JSB33 wrote:Sorry to hear that you are selling off but good luck with your sales.

Thanks Jeff. As I said, it is all because of the stagnation of all the recent projects that will probably never be. I could think of hundreds of models that were never made (see my GM Worldwide Wishlist thread). I also collect fire helmets and will reinvest in this collection with the proceeds.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Mon May 11, 2015 7:48 am

Just a quick update for you all. I have secured the sale of:-

Onyx Tony Kannan 1996 ITC Opel Calibra 4x4 V6 Joest/Metrocar SOLD
Onyx Masahiro Hasemi 1996 JTCC Opel Vectra HKS SOLD

Onyx John Cleland late 1997 BTCC Vauxhall Vectra Vauxhall/Masterfit Red and White SOLD
Onyx John Cleland 1996 BTCC Vauxhall Vectra Vauxhall Sport/RML/Mobil 1 SOLD
Corgi Vanguards John Cleland 1992 BTCC Vauxhall Cavalier 16v Vauxhall Sport SOLD
Classic Carlectables Will Davison 2009 V8 Supercars Holden VE Commodore HRT/Toll SOLD
Schuco Johnny Cecotto 2002 V8Star Opel Omega Irmscher/Ronal SOLD
Minichamps PMA John Winter (Louis Krages) 1994 DTM Opel Calibra 4x4 V6 Joest SOLD
Corgi Vanguards John Cleland 1989 BTCC Vauxhall Astra GTE DC Cook/Vauxhall Sport SOLD
Onyx Derek Warwick early 1997 BTCC Vauxhall Vectra Vauxhall/Sunday Times White SOLD
Minichamps PMA Volker Strycek 1993 DTM Opel Omega Evo500 Opel Sport/Tura Film SOLD

Racing Replicas A.Cudini/P.Belmondo 1993 CdFST (French) Opel Vectra A GT Snobeck SOLD
Racing Replicas Eric Helary 1994 CdFST (French) Opel Vectra A GT Snobeck SOLD
Racing Replicas John Cleland 1994 BTCC Vauxhall Cavalier 16v GM Card SOLD
Minichamps PMA Jeroen Bleekemolen 2004 DTM Opel Vectra GTS V8 Servicefit SOLD

Minichamps PMA Manuel Reuter 2005 DTM Opel Vectra GTS V8 Valvoline/200 DTM Rennen SOLD
Oxford Fabrizio Giovanardi 2007 BTCC Vauxhall Vectra S2000 VXRacing/Holiday Inn SOLD
Oxford Matt Neal 2008 BTCC Vauxhall Vectra S2000 VXRacing/GMAC SOLD

Oxford Fabrizio Giovanardi BTCC 2008 Vauxhall Vectra S2000 VXRacing/GMAC SOLD
Oxford Tom Onslow-Cole BTCC 2008 Vauxhall Vectra S2000 VXRacing/GMAC SOLD
Onyx Greg Murphy/Russell Ingall Bathurst 1000 1998 Holden Vectra HOLDEN VECTRA SOLD
Onyx Uwe Alzen STW 1997 Opel Vectra Holzer/Opel Motorsport SOLD
Onyx Pierre Alain Thibaut BelProCar 1996 Opel Vectra Stella Artois SOLD
Minichamps PMA Manuel Reuter DTM 2002 Opel Astra V8 Coupe Opel/Servicefit/Holzer SOLD
Schuco Reuter/Scheider/Strycek/Tiemann Nurb24Hr 2004 Opel Astra V8 Coupe Opel/Phoenix SOLD

Thanks for the interest.
Last edited by Lesopc on Fri May 22, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 27 times in total.
General Motors Nut

Jager

Postby Jager » Mon May 11, 2015 7:55 am

Lesopc wrote:
JSB33 wrote:Sorry to hear that you are selling off but good luck with your sales.

Thanks Jeff. As I said, it is all because of the stagnation of all the recent projects that will probably never be. I could think of hundreds of models that were never made (see my GM Worldwide Wishlist thread). I also collect fire helmets and will reinvest in this collection with the proceeds.

Sorry to hear your selling up Lesopc. I guess its indicative of the state of Touring Car racing which seems to ebb and flow depending on the support of the major automotive manufacturers. GM's global support for Touring Cars seems to have fallen awway a bit, but at least they are still strongly supporting the Corvettes in sportscar racing.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

thetrooper

Postby thetrooper » Mon May 11, 2015 10:54 am

The GM brand is still going strong in the V8 Supercars. The models are not as good now that Classic Carlectables have gone back to using blacked out windows to avoid doing the interior. Cost saving for them but the price didn't drop any and I think that has annoyed a lot of collectors.
Steve

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Mon May 11, 2015 11:23 am

Jager wrote:
Lesopc wrote:

Sorry to hear your selling up Lesopc. I guess its indicative of the state of Touring Car racing which seems to ebb and flow depending on the support of the major automotive manufacturers. GM's global support for Touring Cars seems to have fallen awway a bit, but at least they are still strongly supporting the Corvettes in sportscar racing.

Agreed, there are still A FEW places to see GM teams racing and indeed winning but it is drying up for now. I was interested in the CADILLAC ATS-VR GT3 cars of the American Pirelli World Challenge series but I don't think anyone will make them in 1:43 after their not so blistering first season. Luxury Collectables WERE going to make the resin CTS-VR Coupe of previous years but cancelled the project as did Spark with the even earlier diecast Saloon/Sedan version.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Mon May 11, 2015 11:31 am

thetrooper wrote:The GM brand is still going strong in the V8 Supercars. The models are not as good now that Classic Carlectables have gone back to using blacked out windows to avoid doing the interior. Cost saving for them but the price didn't drop any and I think that has annoyed a lot of collectors.

Holden is soon (2017 give or take) to bow out of the RWD V8 scene and with it the V8 Supercars series. I believe that they are looking at rewriting the rules for different cars to enter. It will lose ALL of it's magic for me. As for the models, you are right. Classic Carlectables have skimpped on the model but NOT the price. I think Holden will be looking to a version of the Insignia for future racing.
Last edited by Lesopc on Thu May 14, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Motors Nut

Jager

Postby Jager » Mon May 11, 2015 3:14 pm

It could be even sooner than that. Holden currenly receives A$500m in subsidies from the Government, with suggestions that this figure could be slashed, prompting an early exit.

There are rumours the RWD Commodore will be replaced by the next generation Opel Insignia.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Mon May 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Jager wrote:It could be even sooner than that. Holden currenly receives A$500m in subsidies from the Government, with suggestions that this figure could be slashed, prompting an early exit.

There are rumours the RWD Commodore willbe replacedby the next generation Opel Insignia.

Exactly what I heard too Jager. It seems that only BMW and Mercedes (YAWN) still have any interest in making and selling RWD's en masse. Since I had the opportunity to drive RWD in my Vauxhall Omega, it holds SO much over the mundane habits of FWD cars. I suppose I am old school.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Mon May 11, 2015 4:08 pm

This is the link to 1 of my eBay listings. From it, you should be able to find everything else I am selling.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331551171560? ... 1555.l2649

Feel free to bid on any item.
General Motors Nut

thetrooper

Postby thetrooper » Tue May 12, 2015 6:55 am

If you don't sell the V8 Supercar I'm might get that off you as well.
Steve

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Tue May 12, 2015 7:06 am

thetrooper wrote:If you don't sell the V8 Supercar I'm might get that off you as well.

It has not yet been bid on and can be removed from eBay Steve, so feel free to make me an offer.
General Motors Nut

thetrooper

Postby thetrooper » Tue May 12, 2015 7:15 am

I can't right now as my spend limit has been reached for now.
Steve

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Tue May 12, 2015 7:42 am

thetrooper wrote:I can't right now as my spend limit has been reached for now.

Ok Steve, but be sure to keep me posted via PM if this changes.
General Motors Nut

Return to “Touring Cars”