Cadillac's not yet available in 1:43

BTCC, WTCC, DTM etc
Lesopc

Re: Cadillac's not yet available in 1:43

Postby Lesopc » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:43 am

Lesopc wrote:
thetrooper wrote:I really like the CTS-V despite it's angular body shape. The best Caddy by a mile in my view.

You sure do have similar taste to me. A great marque with a great vehicle. Looking forward to seeing the new 2.0ltr RWD turbo ATS model, it might make a good replacement for the Omega. I have contacted Cadillac about maybe entering this in the BTCC under the new NGTC rules and am waiting for a response. This would add yet another great modelling choice to my list.

Got a response from GM/Cadillac. It reads......

Your suggestion is certainly an interesting one. Cadillac is currently in a start-up phase in Europe and the vehicle you mention is still somehat in the mid-term future. We will think about your suggestion.

Thank you and best regards
Hanspeter Ryser

This might be good news for fans of Cadillac Racing. I personally would love to see them door handle to door handle up and down the UK. I'd especially love to see one do the leap at Dingle Dell (Brands Hatch).
Share your views.
General Motors Nut

thetrooper

Postby thetrooper » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Dingle Dell has gone from Brands Hatch. It was good watching the cars jump over it one after another. I miss it and don't know why they did away with it. Now at least the Chicane at Knockhill is still great and they would look great jumping though it.
Steve

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:05 pm

thetrooper wrote:Dingle Dell has gone from Brands Hatch. It was good watching the cars jump over it one after another. I miss it and don't know why they did away with it. Now at least the Chicane at Knockhill is still great and they would look great jumping though it.

I feel ashamed as a touring car fan, not realising that. Agreed on Knockhill though. I still remember Cleland putting on a show at Dingle Dell. :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock:
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:47 am

According to Luxury-diecasts web site, we have only to wait until spring next year (2013) until the release of the resin CTS-V coupe racers in 43 and 18 scale. A wee bit costly but i think worth it. :D :D :D

No sign of any sedans yet though :( :(
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:31 pm

The coupe is nearly with us, Check out http://www.luxury-collectibles.com for more news. Can't wait (rubbing hands together). 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:11 am

Still awaiting the CTS-V Coupe. It must be so close now. I'll keep you all up to date. 8-) :D
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:39 pm

I sent this e-mail to Spark.

Hello, i am aware that a few years ago (2009 ???) you were planning the Cadillac CTS-V Angelelli SCCA 2004 - S0865 as a new model. Sadly this never became a reality and there is still no 1:43 scale version of this or any of the Cadillac cars from 2004-2008 seasons of the SCCA Speed World Challenge. I can find no record of it on your website and was wondering if you have now removed it permanently or if it is still something you might like to work on. Also, very similar Cadillac CTS-V's race in Italy's Superstar V8 championship between 2008 and 2011 and would also make great models. I would love to see these cars on my shelves as they are worth remembering. Also, would you consider doing full team sets as i like to collect whole teams rather than single cars. I am hopeful and look forward to your reply.

Just had this response from Spark.

Hello,

Thank you for your message and your interest in our models.

The following model is <frozen> for the time being. Not any concrete plan yet.

S0865

Cadillac CTS-V #16 SCCA World Challenge GT 2004

We will forward your kind suggestion of other models to our project development department for further consideration.

Best regards,
Customer Service

Share your thoughts.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:12 am

The 2011 CTS-V Coupe should be ready (from Luxury of New York) at the close of the year. :D :D :D :D
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Tue May 06, 2014 1:55 pm

After checking out the Luxury Collectibles website, i have sadly noticed that the 2011 CTS-V Coupe is no longer showing as a upcoming model. This means that any CTS-V fans will have to wait for a 1:43 version of this mean looking race car. I do need to get this confirmed by Luxury themselves and i'll keep you all posted.
General Motors Nut

JSB33
Site Admin

Postby JSB33 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:53 am

Is Luxury Collectables even in business anymore? I thought they were on hiatus for the foreseeable future?
Jeff
ImageImage

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Wed May 07, 2014 10:49 am

JSB33 wrote:Is Luxury Collectables even in business anymore? I thought they were on hiatus for the foreseeable future?

They appear to still be making resin models as opposed to the previous die cast offerings.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Thu May 08, 2014 11:24 am

I have just recieved the following reply from Luxury. Fingers crossed.

Hi

The problem we had was we could not get enough traction on this model so for now it's on hold. But since Cadillac added a new color to the 2013 model that gives is a little better variety, we hope to make this happen within 6 months.
General Motors Nut

GBOAC002

Postby GBOAC002 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Haven't Luxury Diecast Collectables always been resin? It pains me to ignore their Caddies. I am a fan of the road version CTS V Coupe but won't be buying if it's resin.

niki23

Postby niki23 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:51 pm

GBOAC002 wrote:Haven't Luxury Diecast Collectables always been resin? It pains me to ignore their Caddies. I am a fan of the road version CTS V Coupe but won't be buying if it's resin.

Not always. They have a diecast version of the CTS-V saloon, but it's on the budget/toy-end of the scale with opening doors. Their CTS-V Coupe is resin only though I believe.

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:53 am

It very much seems that the CTS-VR Coupe will not be made after all. It is now no longer on the website. Along with Spark's cancelled Sedan version. Such a shame that such awesome models won't grace my cabinet.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:15 am

For the 2015 SCCA Pirelli World Challenge season, it seems that Cadillac Racing/Pratt &Miller are going to use the ATS-VR in GT3 spec. Maybe a model of this might appear. Fingers crossed.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Tell me what you think about this in 1:43.

It is a 2015 GT3 Spec Cadillac ATS-VR that is to be entered in the Pirelli World Challenge series in the USA. As it is GT3 Spec, it will possibly find itself increasingly used elsewhere in the world in similar championships in coming seasons. For those not aware, the CTS-VR was built to a US only spec which limited it's use anywhere else.

Let's see if Cadillac Racing can win all over again.
General Motors Nut

Jager

Postby Jager » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:50 pm

You'd almost think the Cadillac was was a BMW M3 GT3 clone with just a different grill and headlights :

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:03 pm

Jager wrote:You'd almost think the Cadillac was was a BMW M3 GT3 clone with just a different grill and headlights :

Hi Jager. That's because GT3 is quite a tight set of regulations. For this reason, most cars built to this spec will be quite alike. But because I see so many BMW's on a daily basis in and around London, they have become very stale to me, just like the equivilant Audi's and Mercedes. This car is very fresh and much needed in the automotive landscape right now.
General Motors Nut

thetrooper

Postby thetrooper » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:59 am

I wouldn't say no to a model of it. It really needs a great livery or race wins for it to be made as it'll sell better if it has any of those things.
Steve

Lesopc

Postby Lesopc » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:36 pm

thetrooper wrote:I wouldn't say no to a model of it. It really needs a great livery or race wins for it to be made as it'll sell better if it has any of those things.

Well Trooper. If you look up the previous CTS-VR model in all variants over the last decade or so, you will see that they have won the championship several times and yet, still nobody has any interest in making them in 1:43. Much the same as the legendary Cavalier/Vectra A touring cars.

Such a shame. Spark could really do these models justice but seem to have little or no interest.
General Motors Nut

thetrooper

Postby thetrooper » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:51 pm

The trouble is that it really needs to be seen on a worldwide platform as no USA model makers will venture into making them. They need to make it appeal to the larger Motorsport communities.
Steve

GBOAC002

Postby GBOAC002 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Perhaps there are licensing problems as these things have sponsors and other 3rd parties involved.

Jager

Postby Jager » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:00 am

GBOAC002 wrote:Perhaps there are licensing problems as these things have sponsors and other 3rd parties involved.

That's right - it appears Cadillac would much perfer their models were produced by a high quality model company like Welly.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Return to “Touring Cars”