1995 JOHN CLELAND BTCC RML VAUXHALL CAVALIER

BTCC, WTCC, DTM etc
Lesopc

1995 JOHN CLELAND BTCC RML VAUXHALL CAVALIER

Post by Lesopc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi all, the other day i was passed information by another member, that a 1:43 scale model of the John Cleland 1995 BTCC RML Vauxhall Cavalier is possibly due for release at some point soon. I was not aware that this model was on any manufacturers list and have tried exhaustively to find more details online from all the usual suspects, to no avail. Is anyone else aware of this model in the pipeline and if so does anyone know by which manufacturer?
I, and i'm sure many of you, would love to finally be able to add this model to our collections as there has been a hole in the market for this model for too long now (bar the rare kits and conversions of course).
Also, if this model is due for production, will it be just the John Cleland car or will there also be the cars of James Thompson, Jeff Allam and Mike Briggs?

I look forward to finding out more. Thanks guy's.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Re: 1995 JOHN CLELAND BTCC RML VAUXHALL CAVALIER

Post by Lesopc » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:35 am

In the words of Jedi Master Yoda, Mmmmmm, Much news of this model, There is not. Shrouded in secrecy, It is. The dark side of the force, I sense.
General Motors Nut

TouringCarExclusives

Post by TouringCarExclusives » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:19 am

He could have just been pulling your leg.

It would be nice to see it made as long as it's by one of the finer detail manufacturers like HPI, Minichamps, Spark etc. Would rather have one which looks correct and costs £50 than cheap (Corgi) version which costs £20.

If someone is going to do it then i hope it'll be done properly. To a high standard.

In any case i doubt you'll have one in your hands for a long long time.

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Wild goose chase guy's. If anyone does make one i'll let you all know. :oops: :oops: :oops:
General Motors Nut

Stevieb123

Post by Stevieb123 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:54 am

There was a series of championship winning models being produced, The series was put on hold because of production issues, If there is any news then it will be posted but for now its all quiet on the western front.

JR-Racing

Post by JR-Racing » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:17 am

Would love to see a decent release of this car, most of the Racing Replica and Corgi examples I have seen of this era of cavalier don't look right in a few ways.

As JP said it would be great if HPI or Spark released one. Going on HPI's efforts on the 1994 Alfa and Volvo they would probably make a very nice job of it.

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:53 am

JR-Racing wrote:Would love to see a decent release of this car, most of the Racing Replica and Corgi examples I have seen of this era of cavalier don't look right in a few ways.

As JP said it would be great if HPI or Spark released one. Going on HPI's efforts on the 1994 Alfa and Volvo they would probably make a very nice job of it.
Try contacting them and see if it is a project that interests them. There is a HUGE hole in the market where this model in many of it's variations should be.
General Motors Nut

poulsonabean

Post by poulsonabean » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:28 am

I'm afraid there is no chance of HPI doing it, they packed up doing die cast in December, only back to doing RC now.

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:25 am

poulsonabean wrote:I'm afraid there is no chance of HPI doing it, they packed up doing die cast in December, only back to doing RC now.
I only found out yesterday. Sad news. I am currently composing a suggestion email to Spark. It'll probably never happen though.
General Motors Nut

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:32 am

Lesopc wrote:Try contacting them and see if it is a project that interests them. There is a HUGE hole in the market where this model in many of it's variations should be.
Is there, in terms of volume of units sold?

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:38 am

Tom wrote:
Lesopc wrote:Try contacting them and see if it is a project that interests them. There is a HUGE hole in the market where this model in many of it's variations should be.
Is there, in terms of volume of units sold?

These cars had lots of fans especially here in UK. Most collectors mention how they would like to own one (at least) yet suprisingly none have ever been produced.
General Motors Nut

JR-Racing

Post by JR-Racing » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:47 am

Such a shame as the HPI 1:43 touring cars are the finest quality ones I own.

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:09 am

JR-Racing wrote:Such a shame as the HPI 1:43 touring cars are the finest quality ones I own.
Once again it is due to financial difficulties in these tough times.
General Motors Nut

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:19 am

I have emailed Spark and suggested this model to them. I also reminded them that from the same moulding they could also produce versions from France, Belgium, Italy, South Africa, Spain and Japan. I still cannot believe that nobody wanted to create this model. The mind boggles.
General Motors Nut

vx1054

Post by vx1054 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:35 am

It might be worth contacting Neo?

I have their latest catalogue and it has the Mk2 Cavalier (Opel Ascona) and the Mk2 Carlton (Opel Omega), they seem to be doing the later models now.

I hope they do the Mk3 Cavalier Saloon, and they could do a BTCC Version, they did the BTCC Rover Vitesse of Andy Rouse so you never know?

Thommofan

Post by Thommofan » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Can anyone find an email address for neo? I have looked on the site but could not see one, I want to contact them myself...

Lesopc

Post by Lesopc » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:11 am

Thommofan wrote:Can anyone find an email address for neo? I have looked on the site but could not see one, I want to contact them myself...
I will try to find a contact at NEO and i will then send them this suggestion. But like mosr orher companies, they may not be too interested. Fingers crossed.
General Motors Nut

vx1054

Post by vx1054 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Thommofan wrote:Can anyone find an email address for neo? I have looked on the site but could not see one, I want to contact them myself...
I have had a look too and cannot find one, even on the Neo sleeves it does not have one.