Bentley Bentayga 2016

AdamYip

Bentley Bentayga 2016

Post by AdamYip » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:22 pm

I saw this fastest SUV in the world at a shop last night and got it in the colour tungsten. I didn't like it at first as I'm not used to the idea of a Bentley SUV, but begin to like when I look at it as a Continental GT SUV. The model is finished in the usual Kyosho high standards.

Cheers,
Adam

David MG

Re: Bentley Bentayga 2016

Post by David MG » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:36 am

Hmmmmmm. The jury is out :?
Cheers,
David

Jager

Post by Jager » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:39 am

I wouldn't spend my money on the 1:1, but I understand there are many people who will judging by the success of Bentley's other cars. I can understand why you'd want one for the collection.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:47 am

W.O. must be turning in his grave... :?
-Julio-

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:54 am

It's not my bag at all but the model looks good. Seems Bentley have 5000 orders on this which will the boys in Crewe going for a while
As to W.O, didn't he build the fastest lorries in the world according to a Mr Bugatti, so this is just keeping that end up.
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:08 am

It's not as if VW Group don't already have sufficient SUVs in their line ups. Not content with this Bentley are following up with fastback and smaller versions. They rocked the socks off the Geneva crowds with their sublime Ex10 Speed 6 which is far more in keeping with Bentley's sporting roots!

Stand by for the Urus which I can (only just) see the point of and the unbelievable RR Phantom SUV (which I dont), next! The folk at JLR must be laughing at these guys only now catching up after 45 years....

Rant over.

Despite all the above Kyosho have made a great job there Adam.

johann.nunweiller

Post by johann.nunweiller » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Kyosho have made a great job with this Bentyga, I have the blue version.

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:06 pm

Another example of the VW Group milking everything they can out of the brands they have purchased over the years. Not a car I am likely to ever consider, or one I see the point of, but as Andy has noted there are plenty of people who want to be "seen" in one. Oh well, at least the great Italian marques still concentrate on proper cars and not trucks......hang on, both Maserati and Alfa Romeo have, or will have, luxury SUVs..... time for me to crawl back into a cupboard, curl up into the foetal position and weep :cry:

Nicely done model though.
Martin

Jager

Post by Jager » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:08 am

I saw a gold one of these on the street in Paris two weeks ago and for all the fuss, it was nothing special. Without the Bentley grill it looks just like another SUV. As others have said though, the model look good, though I might have been tempted to go for a more extreme colour.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:25 am

When I see this, especially from the rear 3/4 view I think of the latest Lincoln MKX. Methinks it makes more sense to buy one of any of the great luxury SUVs for under $50K and spend the rest on an item or investment that doesn't depreciate. Then again, I'm not in the market at all and the model does look well done, if not maybe asking for a brighter colour?
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:47 am

The people buying these are going to be buying something, it might as well be a SUV with a Bentley badge (and price tag) on it. To me it makes perfect sense. The market has shifted away from cars to SUV's and any manufacturer would be daft not to have a few in their lineup. I can imagine this will be a very desirable acquisition among a few different segments of potential buyers.

Everyone seems to forget that car companies are in the business of selling cars and making money, not pleasing a bunch of crotchety "enthusiasts who think they should still be making cars with manual chokes and wood framed coachwork "just like the good old days" :lol:
Jeff
ImageImage

David MG

Post by David MG » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:50 am

JSB33 wrote:The people buying these are going to be buying something, it might as well be a SUV with a Bentley badge (and price tag) on it. To me it makes perfect sense. The market has shifted away from cars to SUV's and any manufacturer would be daft not to have a few in their lineup. I can imagine this will be a very desirable acquisition among a few different segments of potential buyers.

Everyone seems to forget that car companies are in the business of selling cars and making money, not pleasing a bunch of crotchety "enthusiasts who think they should still be making cars with manual chokes and wood framed coachwork "just like the good old days" :lol:
Nicely put.
Cheers,
David

johann.nunweiller

Post by johann.nunweiller » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:21 am

And the blue one, wiht the interior details:

http://scale143.com/viewtopic.php?t=761 ... 72#p304204