New to MG's Collection 2016

Post Reply
User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14388
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by David MG » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:18 am

Puma GTV 033S by KESS

Image
Image
Cheers,
David

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 17543
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Tom » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:22 am

I think I like the model more than the real car. Very nicely made!

User avatar
Galaxy Gaz
Posts: 5328
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:35 am
Location: Somewhere - UK

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Galaxy Gaz » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:58 am

I remember a guy in my area owning an Eagle Nova kit car which this Puma was based on .It was quite a funky looking car that always sounded and ran like a clapped out VW Beetle.......no doubt this Puma with its massive 1200 cc Alfa engine was just as bad. :lol:

Kess didn't do a bad job on the model by the looks of it
:flag_gb: Gary

Image

Porsche......Evolution , not Revolution

Marcellix
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Marcellix » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:40 am

That's a very nice model by Kess. Great detailing. I see you've got the same version as I have, without markings on the base plate nor on the box. A lot cheaper, and the model is just as good :)

TR2
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:40 am

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by TR2 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:23 am

A very cool exotic, with superb detailing - a great start to the new year. My own first indulgence this year is the venerable Dinky MG TF from the Fifties, a white racing version. A very clean original, a swap meet find, with a few negligible chips. Best of all, I got it for 40 Euros, instead of the 75 asked.

DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25986
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:21 pm

I was briefly tempted by that Puma, not because of it looks, but because of the low price it was being offered and the fact that it looks so well made. But, that happened at the time I noticed all the models I wanted to buy from Merge-Left, and decided to concentrate on those, instead! ;)
-Julio-

Marcellix
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Marcellix » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:35 pm

TR2 wrote:A very cool exotic, with superb detailing - a great start to the new year. My own first indulgence this year is the venerable Dinky MG TF from the Fifties, a white racing version. A very clean original, a swap meet find, with a few negligible chips. Best of all, I got it for 40 Euros, instead of the 75 asked.
I got it for about half of your price... So I decided to take the white one and the black one too ;)

TR2
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:40 am

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by TR2 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:10 am

Marcellix wrote:
TR2 wrote:A very cool exotic, with superb detailing - a great start to the new year. My own first indulgence this year is the venerable Dinky MG TF from the Fifties, a white racing version. A very clean original, a swap meet find, with a few negligible chips. Best of all, I got it for 40 Euros, instead of the 75 asked.
I got it for about half of your price... So I decided to take the white one and the black one too ;)
A black one? New to me. I'm talking about Dinky Toys 108, the MG made by Dinky from 1955 to 1959. The racing version was offered in white (some call it cream or ivory) and in red. No black. The road versions were introduced after the racing versions and were available in pale green or orange. Again, no black. Forty Euros for a Grade 8 Dinky 108 is a bargain. :)

Marcellix
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Marcellix » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:10 am

TR2 wrote:
Marcellix wrote:
TR2 wrote:A very cool exotic, with superb detailing - a great start to the new year. My own first indulgence this year is the venerable Dinky MG TF from the Fifties, a white racing version. A very clean original, a swap meet find, with a few negligible chips. Best of all, I got it for 40 Euros, instead of the 75 asked.
I got it for about half of your price... So I decided to take the white one and the black one too ;)
A black one? New to me. I'm talking about Dinky Toys 108, the MG made by Dinky from 1955 to 1959. The racing version was offered in white (some call it cream or ivory) and in red. No black. The road versions were introduced after the racing versions and were available in pale green or orange. Again, no black. Forty Euros for a Grade 8 Dinky 108 is a bargain. :)
Sorry, I was talking about David's Puma. Misunderstanding... I don't know anything about dinky toys, haven't got any in my collection :)

User avatar
GarageOnAWall
Posts: 6072
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Florida

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by GarageOnAWall » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:21 pm

I can see this car having come from Franco Sbarro's fantasy land ;)

Looks like a tremendous quality model and just shows that ANY subject is now possible in 1:43 8-)

Not my thing, but who am I to say having requested a Stutz Royale in 1:43, preferably with throne seat in open position :P

BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14388
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by David MG » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:26 am

Dongguan

Image
Image
Image
Cheers,
David

DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25986
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:47 am

That looks wonderful, David! ;)

What's your opinion about it?
-Julio-

User avatar
Paulius43
Posts: 2449
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Valencia, Spain

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Paulius43 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:49 am

Great start of a year!
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14388
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by David MG » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:03 am

DeadCanDanceR wrote:That looks wonderful, David! ;)

What's your opinion about it?
Excellent model on par with MC metal. At £16 the steal of the decade.
Cheers,
David

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 17543
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Tom » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:15 am

Oh wow. Even I can sort of afford that, maybe.

User avatar
grinbergs
Posts: 6122
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:06 am
Location: Sweden

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by grinbergs » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:58 am

Wow, that Aston looks absolutely beautiful. I love it. :)

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14388
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by David MG » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:56 am

NEO

Image
Image
Image
Cheers,
David

User avatar
Keko
Posts: 2252
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:45 pm
Location: Cádiz, Andalucía, Spain

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Keko » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:50 am

Very good choice. I have it in green with black vinyl top and chrome bumpers.
Visit my collection in : http://kekomovil.blogspot.com
Image

DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25986
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:29 pm

Lovely model, David! ;)

Like Keko, I have the green and black version.
-Julio-

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 17543
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Tom » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Very classy, typical period colours. Really nice.

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14388
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by David MG » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:44 am

NEO

Image
Image
Cheers,
David

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 38824
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by JSB33 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:22 am

Green AM is gorgeous
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 3483
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Alfaholic » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Liking the 968 David - it does wear its red suit well.
Martin

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 17543
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: New to MG's Collection 2016

Post by Tom » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:09 pm

That looks a lot better than my MC.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests