Tenso Grrrr! :x

Listing of Retailer sites and sales

Tenso Grrrr! :x

Postby sheepCrusher » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:49 pm

So I ordered a model from Amazon.jp and had it shipped to Tenso as I have done a few times before. They sent me an email telling me I have to provide proof of ID, date of birth and address. On their website there is a section showing the acceptable forms of ID. Employment Certification is one of them. I sent them that. Now they are saying that is not enough. They need a government issued ID for proof. I absolutely do not feel comfortable letting some foreign company have my personal ID. My bank doesn't even ask me for that to use online banking. It's not like I'm ordering anything nefarious. And they have already sent me things in the past. I wouldn't even let PayPal have my ID. Am I being over concerned or is this as ridiculous a request as a feel it is? It is not Tenso's fault, this is a new government law. I just wanted to warn anyone who was thinking about using them you are going to have to give them your personal information to get your TOY. How do I know they aren't scammers or yakuza?

I told them that on their site it says that a Certificate of Employment is an acceptable form of ID. I assume they are still not going to be happy with that answer. I will then have to ask them to send the model back to Amazon. Best case scenario - it goes back to Amazon or the Amazon seller and they can send it to me or worst case I have to eat the $144 it's cost so far.

Anyone else here give their ID to Tenso? Seems pretty crazy to ask for ID when most people that use the service probably order Anime. Such a dangerous product.
The dog wet on the picnic basket
sheepCrusher

Re: Tenso Grrrr! :x

Postby dbonser » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:04 pm

That really stinks Scott. Personally, I would not send them a copy of my ID. It's kind of stupid if you think about it - it would be too easy to send a completely fake ID to them.

Any idea why the scrutiny on a diecast car purchase? I wonder if I will run into the same thing with some models I've got on order from P4?
- Douglas
dbonser

Postby sheepCrusher » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 pm

I thought about sending a fake ID, but I don't want any bullcrap with my own government coming back to me. Seems like this affects all Japanese forwarding services and all purchases. I have not seen any sites like P-4 doing this. That would suck hard.

I have sent them another disgruntled long winded email reply saying that I have complied with their requests as CLEARLY stated in several places on their web site in the form of a Certificate of Employment. Not really an official document, but again they don't need my ID to send me a frikking TOY. I am not a criminal.

From 1st April 2013 Japanese law has changed to require all forwarding companies such as Tenso.com to obtain proof of identity from their users. The legislation detailing these changes is known as the 'Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds'. More details are available on the National Police Agency website.

http://www.npa.go.jp/sosikihanzai/jafic/index_e.htm

In order to continue to use forwarding services such as Tenso.com, you must submit a form of personal identification which shows your [ Name ], [ Date of Birth } and [ Current Address ]. Please submit a copy of your government-issued identification, such as a Passport, Driver's License, Certificate of Employment, National ID Card (etc.)
sheepCrusher

Postby rotormotor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:10 am

Got ya by the short 'n' curlys ...I had same issue, no way to circumvent. I think I what I used was my drivers licence and a bill with address with my name on it. First for me but if ya can't trust the Japanese who the frig can ya trust.

Probably wont even use Tenso in any rate, just 'future proofed'. The 3 rakuten sellers I have used all ship outside of JP direct.
Last edited by rotormotor on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
ImageImageImage
rotormotor

Postby JSB33 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:35 am

I trust no government and do as much as i can to remain anonymous. Not a big fan of filling out forms. I won't even get the frequent shopper cards as I feel that i don't need some great big computer in the sky recording every time I buy a candy bar or a roll of TP.

I would never send my ID.
Jeff
ImageImage
JSB33
Site Admin

Postby guitardave_1 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Definitely going beyond what I would be comfortable doing for a model car, but then I am wary of buying abroad in the first place.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
guitardave_1

Postby sheepCrusher » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Latest email said I could black out other information on my ID like photo, number, etc. It just needs to be government issued and show name, DOB, and address. I'm slightly more comfortable with that. Guess I could cover those areas with black tape and scan it. Thought about blacking out in photoshop, but I've heard about people being able to reconstruct photos that have been blurred in photoshop. Guy at Tenso was pretty nice considering my last ranting email. I'm sure they are having to deal with a lot of unhappy customers. Stupid Japanese government law. Always makes the innocent suffer and never does anything to the criminals it's supposed to stop.
sheepCrusher

Postby scalainj » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:26 pm

If moving model cars across the world is 'Transfer of Criminal Proceeds' i'm buggered :lol:
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.
scalainj
Site Admin

Postby rotormotor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:33 am

Dangerous. Silly me clicked sellers who ship box to 'Japan', all the Domestic sellers have a load of damn rare mazda models at :shock: prices compared to what I see on ebay. Going to have to investigate this Tenso combined shipping thing closer now, I also totally get what sheepcrusher is on about having to use tenso services :lol:
Lars
ImageImageImage
rotormotor

Postby thetrooper » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:35 pm

If it was me I'd not send them it as I would be very worried about how they can use that or if they got hacked your information is nicked. I imagine they don't have a super great security system to stop hackers. I'd ask for a refund as they have broken the terms of sale on their own website.
thetrooper

Return to Commercial Resource