Formula One

Post Reply
ljplemans
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:31 am

Formula One

Post by ljplemans » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:27 pm

A few oldies...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 8189
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Formula One

Post by Jager » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:48 am

Three fantastic classic liveries, sadly which are now banned from many racetracks.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
thetrooper
Posts: 7772
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Born in Scotland/Live in Weston-super-Mare

Re: Formula One

Post by thetrooper » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:29 pm

The first one is the best looking I reckon. 8-)
Steve

User avatar
69Stang
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:02 am
Location: Southern US

Re: Formula One

Post by 69Stang » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:21 pm

ljplemans wrote:A few oldies...
Oldies but goodies!!! Nice cars all!
Jager wrote:Three fantastic classic liveries, sadly which are now banned from many racetracks.
I did not even make the connection until you mentioned that. Good catch, I would have never even noticed at all.
Racecar spelled backwards is STILL Racecar!

ljplemans
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:31 am

Re: Formula One

Post by ljplemans » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:29 am

A few older F1 cars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Formula One

Post by reeft1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:40 pm

very nice

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 3083
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Formula One

Post by Alfaholic » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:08 pm

An excellent group. I have an emotional attachment to the Brabham - well it does have an Alfa Romeo engine - but the Ligiers are also highlights for me.
Martin

User avatar
LM24HRS
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Location: Winchester, Hampshire

Re: Formula One

Post by LM24HRS » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:21 pm

These days I concentrate my collecting efforts and interests on sportscars especially LM. However, back in the mid to late 70's I was an avid F1 fan going to Silverstone and Brands Hatch alternative years. I still have many close up photos of the cars and drivers (those were the days) taken when on my pit walk-about sessions.
From a collecting point of view, I have never (yet!), got "sucked" into F1 collecting but the other day I was reviewing a suppliers website and curiosity got the better of me when I found myself scrolling through the 1970's F1 section and was amazed to discover the amount of due to be released F1 models, not to mention those already released. I think the model manufactures must be tuning into the generation bubble who remember F1 in the 70's with fond memories. It certainly got me thinking of dipping into my wallet for one or two!
Anybody else on the verge of starting retro F1 collecting?
Paul - "Collecting Motorsport in Miniature; for the passion and its history".

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 3083
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Formula One

Post by Alfaholic » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:47 am

Interest thought Paul. I will stick to the Alfa Romeo related and Ferrari F1s as it would be a slippery slope to get caught on.

I was in my local Sydney model car shop today and had similar thoughts. They had just received a load of the recent Spark realeases (it could have been Andy's recent collection adds :) ) and we were discussing the upturn in F1 releases. As an example the guy was telling me he has a few guys who collect F1 cars driven by Australians and there are now only a couple left to be done. While we have had a relatively small number of drivers, the likes of Brabham, Jones and Webber were around for a long time. As well as these well known drivers, the lesser known guys like Larry Perkins and Dave Walker have also now been covered in some way.
Last edited by Alfaholic on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin

User avatar
LM24HRS
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Location: Winchester, Hampshire

Re: Formula One

Post by LM24HRS » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:01 am

Martin
I must learn how to upload photographs on this forum never having been a forum follower before. Reason I mention this I did an Alfa display in 2010 of 100 individual racing Alfas through the years to celebrate their 100 years. We even got Bruno Giacomelli to come and visit our stand, really pleasant guy. So I'm considering the purchase of some BG retro F1 Alfa models.

To add, I'm a big Tipo 33 fan so watch this space for photos of my collection.
Paul - "Collecting Motorsport in Miniature; for the passion and its history".

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 3083
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Formula One

Post by Alfaholic » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:37 pm

LM24HRS wrote:Martin
I must learn how to upload photographs on this forum never having been a forum follower before. Reason I mention this I did an Alfa display in 2010 of 100 individual racing Alfas through the years to celebrate their 100 years. We even got Bruno Giacomelli to come and visit our stand, really pleasant guy. So I'm considering the purchase of some BG retro F1 Alfa models.

To add, I'm a big Tipo 33 fan so watch this space for photos of my collection.
I would love to see some of your photos. Try this link - it was provided to me by Jeff when I joined and was very useful.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7277
Martin

k1w1taxi
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Hamilton, Shakey Isles

Re: Formula One

Post by k1w1taxi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:46 am

Alfaholic wrote:Interest thought Paul. I will stick to the Alfa Romeo related and Ferrari F1s as it would be a slippery slope to get caught on.

I was in my local Sydney model car shop today and had similar thoughts. They had just received a load of the recent Spark realeases (it could have been Andy's recent collection adds :) ) and we were discussing the upturn in F1 releases. As an example the guy was telling me he has a few guys who collect F1 cars driven by Australians and there are now only a couple left to be done. While we have had a relatively small number of drivers, the likes of Brabham, Jones and Webber were around for a long time. As well as these well known drivers, the lesser known guys like Larry Perkins and Dave Walker have also now been covered in some way.
Not forgetting Tim Schenken. Not sure if Vern Schuppan ever quite made it to F1 as well.

Cheers
Lee

User avatar
LM24HRS
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Location: Winchester, Hampshire

Re: Formula One

Post by LM24HRS » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:51 am

Alfaholic wrote:I would love to see some of your photos. Try this link - it was provided to me by Jeff when I joined and was very useful.
Martin, Many thanks for the link and guidance. Exactly what I have been looking for, great stuff. I now have some homework to do, results of which hopefully will be arriving shortly.
Paul - "Collecting Motorsport in Miniature; for the passion and its history".

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 8189
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Formula One

Post by Jager » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:02 am

k1w1taxi wrote:Not sure if Vern Schuppan ever quite made it to F1 as well.

Cheers
Lee
Lee, by coincidence I was reading this article about Vern Schuppan earlier today. Between 1972 and 1977 Schuppan had nine starts with BRM, Ensign, Graham Hill and John Surtees :

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/02/10/vern-schuppan/

In 1971 I did the Formula Atlantic series, I won the first race and led the series all the way, then BRM took some interest,” said Schuppan.

BRM had been watching me and said that if I won the championship they’d give me a test and that’s what happened.

I did two races in 1972, then they signed me to a full year in 1973, which didn’t eventuate because Niki Lauda came along with a big cheque book and I became the reserve driver for the year. As reserve driver to Lauda I couldn’t drive for anyone else, so I ended up sitting out that whole 1973 season.

Being on the side lines meant I was forgotten. There were no decent seats available in 1974 and the Ensign was not a good car at all
."

Interesting to think about what might have been if Lauda hadn't come along.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

k1w1taxi
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Hamilton, Shakey Isles

Re: Formula One

Post by k1w1taxi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Yes also shows that money has outspoken talent for longer than many older fans are prepared to admit. Not to say that Lauda had no talent, but it was the money that got him the drive.

Cheers
Lee

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest