A small truck collection...

User avatar
Ralf B.
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:03 pm

A small truck collection...

Postby Ralf B. » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Hello everybody

I joined the forum some days ago and now have found time to shoot and upload some pics of my trucks.

Image
Image
IXO/Altaya Volvo N88 with body from Pegaso Comet in (fictional) livery of Portuguese forwarder, weathered with powder colors.

Image
Work in progress: IXO/Altaya Pegaso Z-206 "Cabezon", heavy weathering, kind of body not yet decided (maybe flatbed)

Image
Almost done: Norev Berliet TBO logging truck conversion - has to receive weathering yet

Apart from these I also have different versions of International and White tractors by "US Model Mint", but all in all I prefer Altaya trucks
as they are relatively inexpensive and it's fun to make conversions.

As I don't have enough space in showcases and on shelves I will in future narrow to tank trucks and dump trucks...
“It should have been me, driving that Dynaflow."

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 15714
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby Tom » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:14 pm

I love your weathered trucks- shiny new ones are pretty but working vehicles can benefit from some patina for a more realistic look.

Rat
Posts: 8722
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada
Contact:

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby Rat » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Very nice job weathering and converting, I like the first one the best but they all look really good.

User avatar
dcast
Posts: 3962
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 am
Location: Finland

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby dcast » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Nice trucks :)
I wonder if any company will ever model Finnish Sisu trucks.

User avatar
Featherless_Biped
Posts: 2219
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby Featherless_Biped » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Those look good. Weathering and signs of use add a lot to model trucks, I think.

RT

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 7555
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby Jager » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Ralf B. wrote:all in all I prefer Altaya trucks as they are relatively inexpensive and it's fun to make conversions.


Thanks for sharing Ralf. I believe converting and modifying Altaya trucks is very popular in Europe - there is a French forum wih over 2000 pages just of Altaya trucks :

http://www.forum-auto.com/automobile-pr ... -73010.htm
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

carcollector
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:00 pm
Location: Luxembourg
Contact:

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby carcollector » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:26 pm

That's a very great Job on those Trucks, love that weathering very much ;)

User avatar
thetrooper
Posts: 7725
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Born in Scotland/Live in Weston-super-Mare

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby thetrooper » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:24 pm

dcast wrote:Nice trucks :)
I wonder if any company will ever model Finnish Sisu trucks.



I heard "Sisu" on Top Gear earlier and it means Courage. So Courage Trucks is a funny name for them isn't it?
Steve

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25761
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby DeadCanDanceR » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Cool looking trucks! :)

Weathering makes them look quite realistic.
-Julio-

Image

User avatar
dcast
Posts: 3962
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 am
Location: Finland

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby dcast » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:06 am

thetrooper wrote:
dcast wrote:Nice trucks :)
I wonder if any company will ever model Finnish Sisu trucks.



I heard "Sisu" on Top Gear earlier and it means Courage. So Courage Trucks is a funny name for them isn't it?


Not exactly, Sisu means more like a determination, persistence, resilience, durability or guts, strength to go through difficulties without giving up. We even have a saying "mennä sisulla läpi harmaan kiven", which means "going with guts through grey stone".
Doesn't that sound good name for a truck, strong and robust truck which doesn't break down easily?

User avatar
Ralf B.
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby Ralf B. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:12 am

@ all: many thanks for your kind words - really encouraging
@ Jager: also many thanks for the link, some really talented guys over there

BTW, a short glimpse of how it all began:

Image

I started to collect these Eligor Ford V8 vans in the early 1980s and gathered about 70 of them plus their Citroen equivalents by Eligor...
“It should have been me, driving that Dynaflow."

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 37781
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby JSB33 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 am

Let me join the chorus in saying how much I like your conversions. Very realistic.

Nice Ford collection to!
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
thetrooper
Posts: 7725
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Born in Scotland/Live in Weston-super-Mare

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby thetrooper » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:40 am

dcast wrote:
thetrooper wrote:
dcast wrote:Nice trucks :)
I wonder if any company will ever model Finnish Sisu trucks.



I heard "Sisu" on Top Gear earlier and it means Courage. So Courage Trucks is a funny name for them isn't it?


Not exactly, Sisu means more like a determination, persistence, resilience, durability or guts, strength to go through difficulties without giving up. We even have a saying "mennä sisulla läpi harmaan kiven", which means "going with guts through grey stone".
Doesn't that sound good name for a truck, strong and robust truck which doesn't break down easily?


Ah right. Mika Hakkinen is wrong then, as it was him explaining it to James May.
Steve

User avatar
dcast
Posts: 3962
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 am
Location: Finland

Re: A small truck collection...

Postby dcast » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:03 pm

thetrooper wrote:
dcast wrote:
thetrooper wrote:
dcast wrote:Nice trucks :)
I wonder if any company will ever model Finnish Sisu trucks.



I heard "Sisu" on Top Gear earlier and it means Courage. So Courage Trucks is a funny name for them isn't it?


Not exactly, Sisu means more like a determination, persistence, resilience, durability or guts, strength to go through difficulties without giving up. We even have a saying "mennä sisulla läpi harmaan kiven", which means "going with guts through grey stone".
Doesn't that sound good name for a truck, strong and robust truck which doesn't break down easily?


Ah right. Mika Hakkinen is wrong then, as it was him explaining it to James May.


Wouldn't say wrong, perhaps it was necessary to find one word to describe the meaning of sisu and as it's a bit difficult to find exactly matching word in English, perhaps courage will do but I just tried to describe it with more words. There's another word for courage, "rohkeus", synonyme for brave.

But I guess enough for Finnish lessons and back to model trucks :D


Return to “1:43/48/50 Trucks, SUV's, Buses and Commercials”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest